• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Follow the lead picture post.
8 8

10,529 posts in this topic

Very nice franklins guy’s. thumbsup2.gif

Thanks for the comments about the coin guys. That was one of those ‘take a chance on a raw coin with a bad picture on eBay’ coins. Needless to say, I was quite pleased when I saw it in hand. Its now in a NGC holder graded MS-65. smile.gif

John

Nice '62 Chad! thumbsup2.gif

That is a nice 51 Bob!

Thanks, Bruce. Now believe it or not, but that one is a Ucam. Not a 68, but is an NGC UCam. Maybe for the year that is all the frost they need.

I'm glad that it's a UCAM, Bob!

Here's mine, it's a NGC PR66Cameo. I'm guessing the one bit of frost fade is what's stopping it, because the frost and mirrors are sure worthy of dcam'ing. frustrated.gif

sh1951fh.jpg

Nice '62 Chad! thumbsup2.gif

It's Irvin's! frustrated.gif

Just showing him how to embed the photos... flowerred.gif

Dang, this post is moving fast.

I love all these Frankies. They just don't get enough attention. Rey and Irvin....very nice Franklins. Sy, both our '51s are very similar, especially the reverse. I guess we have to catch these graders on a good day. Maybe if Forida beats Ohio State in the championship game tonight, that will put them in a giddy mood. Send them in now!!! laugh.gif

If you can see past the cellophane lines, any chance of a MS-66 for this Franklin? Ben has provided me with full lines on the bell at least. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

IMG_0419.jpg

IMG_0420-1.jpg

Bruce,

You know something it is late and I must be tired. This is from the proof set, not the mint set, my bad. Need new reading glasses. sleeping.gif

Rey

Nice Frankie Larry. Looks pretty close to FBL, is it? '59's are tough. thumbsup2.gif

Thanks Bob. PCGS gave it a 65 FBL. I really thought it might get bagged. It was a $9.00 coin from a dealers junk bin. grin.gif

Nice Frankie Larry. Looks pretty close to FBL, is it? '59's are tough. thumbsup2.gif

Thanks Bob. PCGS gave it a 65 FBL. I really thought it might get bagged. It was a $9.00 coin from a dealers junk bin. grin.gif

Is that what they call cherry picking? I was going to say 66. Show it ats and they would tell to send it to NGC for an upgrade. laugh.gif

Sorry I dont have an MS Bennie .. but I do have this smile.gif

FIRST PICTURES TAKEN OF THIS COIN SO I WAS PLAYING A BIT ON THE REVERSE PIC smile.gif

1734093-1957ben.jpg

Hope you like it .... smile.gif

1734093-1957ben.jpg.f84c3ad61a341df0aa66e00d60ac1a22.jpg

Nice Franklins Larry and Mike. Love the way the Bell stands out on that 59 and all of the toning around it. And that PF69 reverse picture is great.

Here is a 1948, nothing unusual just one of those coins that has one of those looks.

Rey

1948FranklinObv.jpg

1948FranklinRev.jpg

Bob,

Thanks for the thumbsup2.gif . I have been told that it would probably FBL at NGC and PCGS both.

I am getting ready to have my Franklins looked at as a whole to see what is really there and in what condition/possible grade, etc. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Rey

StinkyCheese1, the way this post works is you follow the specific type of coin, e.g. in this case Franklins (half dollars per se don't hack it), or you follow the date. For example I can follow the above post with a Franklin or some coin dated 1960, let's say a Lincoln. In this case, I kind of feel like following a 1960 Franklin with a 1961.

FranklinN61_pr68ucam.jpg