• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Follow the lead picture post.
8 8

10,529 posts in this topic

Man too bad on the corrosion of this 1872. That's an oldie but a goodie.

I know, but I only have a couple of dollars invested in it. Picked it up in a junk box at a local antique store along with a 1908 S and an 1864 no L.

BTW, Bobby, I listened to some of your music. I like. I've been into country since 1990 when all the "new country" started. thumbsup2.gifthumbsup2.gif

Man too bad on the corrosion of this 1872. That's an oldie but a goodie.

I know, but I only have a couple of dollars invested in it. Picked it up in a junk box at a local antique store along with a 1908 S and an 1864 no L.

BTW, Bobby, I listened to some of your music. I like. I've been into country since 1990 when all the "new country" started. thumbsup2.gifthumbsup2.gif

thanks Bob. I have plenty more but the site only allows 8 songs right now. they're suppose to upgrade soon, and then I'll be able to add more down the road. Thanks again!!

rbrown4,

Dude, you have some sweet coins! cloud9.gif I hope to see more. thumbsup2.gif

I agree these are some sweet coins to inherit! The stuff dreams are made of!

In keeping with the $.05 denomination, here are two Buffalo Nickels both of which I believe are the "two feathers" variety the best I can tell. I have looked closely under magnification and can not find any evidence of the smaller feather that should be lie between the neck and innermost feather on these. The first is perhaps a 1915 or 1917 and the second one is a 1926 D.

If there is anything that would indicate these are not, please let me know. As Mark Twain said, "It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble, it's what you know for sure that just ain't so."

(Dooley - Found one more of these in the album)

Thanks,

Rey

IMG_0244.jpg

IMG_0245.jpg

IMG_0242.jpg

IMG_0243.jpg

It's a 6. The 6's on the buffaloes, when worn down, do look like 8's. However, the right side is not complete, making it a 6 instead.

Got ya. thumbsup2.gif What's up with the 2 feathers. never heard of this? confused-smiley-013.gif

Maybe someone can do a tangent post on this instead of eating this thread up.

WOW, now that one is definitely without a question clear as day. Very nice.

Don't even need my reading glasses to see the Double Die

Rey

Love those Lincolns Lee.

Image_0769.jpg

Image_0779.jpg

Thanks and that's one "Sweet" 55 DD. I'm gonna get me one of those one day smile.gif