• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Follow the lead picture post.
8 8

10,498 posts in this topic

I agree, that sure looks better than a 60 to me.

Beautiful 1921 toner! 893applaud-thumb.gif That is a TOUGH date to find with attractive toning.

FUN show newp smile.gif

J1659.jpg

I think you just need to post state quarters or something from now on. makepoint.gifmakepoint.gifmakepoint.gif

I'm sure, however, that any state quarter you bought would be infinitely nicer than any one I would have the luck to find.

Am I correct in assuming that the G,S, and C around the obverse rim stand for gold, silver, and copper, respectively, with their weights in grams appearing before them?

zrlevin- that is correct, although this particular Stella is struck in aluminum (J1659) and is actually rarer than the gold version. This coin is going to occupy the $4 slot in the pattern denomination typeset.

FUN show newp smile.gif

J1659.jpg

I think you just need to post state quarters or something from now on. makepoint.gifmakepoint.gifmakepoint.gif

I'm sure, however, that any state quarter you bought would be infinitely nicer than any one I would have the luck to find.

Am I correct in assuming that the G,S, and C around the obverse rim stand for gold, silver, and copper, respectively, with their weights in grams appearing before them?

Boiler would find a quadruple struck, obverse clad layer missing, struck on 10c planchet, rotated die reverse, Delaware quarter in NGC MS70 STAR. That's what his state quarter would be. I'm tellin' ya.

Barrett, it appears that you are trying to embed an image directly from your hard drive, which cannot be done. If you first make the image an attachment that is under 200kb you may then edit the thread and embed the image.