• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your most recent acquisition: US
8 8

20,891 posts in this topic

Snagged this last night:

1924-P PCGS MS-64+

Nice toner. Saw that one too. Congrats on winning it.

I agree. It also looks better than many 65s I have seen.

:applause: (thumbs u

That Peace dollar and 1815 quarter are super nice!

Congrat's!

(thumbs u

Sealed the deal on this piece:

CRO_LgCent_Combo1.jpg

1851-mg05534sc%201.jpg

Recent auction pickup.

Best, HT

1815.qtr.NGC.XF45.CAC.LED_zpscfooayv3.jpg

NGC was wrong for not having given this coin a star designation IMHO. It's gorgeous!

Thanks! This is a case of where the auction images were totally lousy, the coin looked dark grey with a hint of something else around the rims. I had some in hand advice from others, but I was floored when I opened up the shipment because it far exceeded what I expected. If the auction house would have had my images for it, it may have gone even higher. I don't get why that auction house does not try to make more effort for its images except on a few lots, for which the images are usually too juiced to make sense of. Oh well......

Best, HT

Completes my little collection of 1840 half-eagles (p, O, D, C). Last week's Heritage auction. I rarely bid on Heritage auctions, but these half-eagles don't show up very often. The total survival rate is in the hundreds, or less.

158573.jpg.d4dbfc517b292b40f41437d743fe30c1.jpg