• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your most recent acquisition: US
8 8

20,891 posts in this topic

That 1917 Type 1 is a real beauty. I purchased this Type 1 (AU-58) from Tom recently:

1917D_SLQ_Combo1.jpg

I was at the Smithsonian last Friday while in D.C. and although the collection there is impressive there are far more pieces

presented here in this thread on a continual basis that quite frankly, blows away

the majority of that on display that I saw (save a couple like the territorials and the 1933).

Always an impressive line up to view here. :applause:

I was at the Smithsonian last Friday while in D.C. and although the collection there is impressive there are far more pieces

presented here in this thread on a continual basis that quite frankly, blows away

the majority of that on display that I saw (save a couple like the territorials and the 1933).

No doubt about that Bill.

:applause:

No doubt about that Bill.

:applause:

True, but they are in the process of expanding the coin display by a factor of more than 10-fold in a new expanded room on the west side of the museum. Once the new display is ready, it will be more than just a few rarities that are priceless that are on display presently. On another note, did you go to the National Gallery of Art? They had 2 new van Gogh acquisitions when I was there in November. Yeowza!

Best, HT who appreciates paintings and coins, but not comics

New favorite in my colorful Walker Short Set. Ms. Liberty's thumb isn't as flat as the picture suggests, the slab is scuffed up a little bit.

PCGS MS66+ (CAC)

image_zps07ncp1pn.jpg

image_zpsmnh3rizr.jpg

Very nice Walker Tyler (thumbs u

True, but they are in the process of expanding the coin display by a factor of more than 10-fold in a new expanded room on the west side of the museum. Once the new display is ready, it will be more than just a few rarities that are priceless that are on display presently. On another note, did you go to the National Gallery of Art? They had 2 new van Gogh acquisitions when I was there in November. Yeowza!

Best, HT who appreciates paintings and coins, but not comics

I had talked to one of the guys working on that wing you are talking about and he was saying something very similar. I was certain there was more than what I had seen and I found an occasional coin box next to an exhibit here and there with Territorial and other pieces.

Van Gogh - I would have loved to have seen that. I have always related to his work and to me it is genius. To my wife and others it is a waste of time. Hahaha!

Sadly I am in the same boat as Bobby (bsshog40) and we were talking about how we are sort of a rare breed just before I left for D.C. for Rolling Thunder. I don't own a car (my wife does, not me) and my Harley is all I ever get around on. You don't find many "nerd" bikers in the crowds I find myself in.

lol

I was lucky enough to talk them into letting me get a small glimpse of the coins and the amazing flag that inspired Francis Scott Key to pen that short, but tremendously significant anthem and capture that moment in history.

Hopefully next time. ;)

I've been slacking and working too much, but here are some recent newps, all halves...needless to say I'm a sucker for nice toning and kick butt die clashes!

155703.jpg.8670000b13623284548cd2257739f4a3.jpg

155704.jpg.ad5b68d484abf2483a3419d92ffd877b.jpg

155705.jpg.2bdba19fb28fc6cb33c0c48fb002df48.jpg

155706.jpg.caa1c8d953c840c36026752822d47608.jpg

Oh and this one arrived in the mail today:

im not big on barbers but do like that one for sure. nice coin :)

Great additions Jeff ,Tyler, and Orific Doc and GreySoldier. (thumbs u

Great additions Jeff ,Tyler, and Orific Doc and GreySoldier. (thumbs u

+1

GS I am particularly partial to that Seated Liberty Quarter. Beautiful!

1935 - Model 992E "ELINVAR" 21J, 10K YGF RAILROAD GRADE POCKET WATCH

992E_Appearance.jpg

Ooooops! Wrong forum. doh!

Edited by wdrob