• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your most recent acquisition: US
8 8

20,909 posts in this topic

Love the newps guys, but what happened to the etiquette of not posting images wider than around 1000-1200 pixels? Those images are ridiculous sizes!

Sorry...I'll cut it down...

jom

Edited by jom

Love the newps guys, but what happened to the etiquette of not posting images wider than around 1000-1200 pixels? Those images are ridiculous sizes!

Sorry...I'll cut it down...

jom

Not a biggie...your pics were fine. Those slab pics were massive! I love looking at coins up close, but 90% of the real-estate was the plastic. ;)

No worries. By the way, Mike and Jom, those Mercs are sexy! (thumbs u

Sorry, I never heard of this before. In the past all my images were so tiny no one

could appreciate what they were viewing.

I'm sorry if my images are too large. I just won't post anything but the smaller versions

from now on. I do most of my viewing on the Forums via my iPad and all the images seem

ok.

Thanks for the Kudos on the new Merc's.

Sorry, I never heard of this before. In the past all my images were so tiny no one

I'm sorry if my images are too large. I just won't post anything but the smaller versions

from now on. I do most of my viewing on the Forums via my iPad and all the images seem

ok.

No worries Mike, I just had to hit Ctrl+"-" a few times. :)

ok.

I usually take the coin into a photo editor and SET the width to 1200 and save that file as a small version. I also take the slab stuff out as well...it just wastes space. Bascially, I'll draw a "square" around the coin and do a CUT then I do the same with the other side and put the two sides into one file, set the width and upload. No wasted space! :D

jom

ok.

I like closeup images. However, you can cut out the whole slab - I couldn't care less about the plastic. I just want to see the coin.

Here is the certification number for a piece that I had success with through NCS recently: 3624279-001. With the image tool it is easy to bring up the image now.

I bought the 1917 25c coin from Robert Charles as MS63FH for just over $300. It took a little over a month for NCS to conserve it. It graded MS64+FH. PCGS had no graded it as questionable toning....

Will be going to CAC. I took a chance on it, but it looks accurately graded and I did not see anything that would prevent it from passing. There is a light diagonal scratch on the obverse profile but I beleive minor marks like that are allowed for the age and grade of the coin.

Oh and I have plenty of NGC coins. Most of them are CAC'd though.

PF67CAC

wrgk.jpg

1f7drn.jpg

Edited by AnkurJ

Nice coins Jom! I like them all except the quarter. (shrug)

I'm wondering what you don't like about the quarter. I value your opinion.

Jom, its kind of neat how they all have the same look. Did they all come from the same place?

Not exactly...although much of these types of coins moves through the same "dealer space" so to speak.

jom

jom

It has a look of being overdipped. The dip was not properly rinsed which caused this secondary toning. The main reason I dont like it is because it looks stripped.

jom

It has a look of being overdipped. The dip was not properly rinsed which caused this secondary toning. The main reason I dont like it is because it looks stripped.

All of the coins Jom just posted experienced the same treatment (with the possible exception of the half dime).

Physicsfan: yes they did. But the quarter seemed to be more excessively dipped than the others. The others are decent and market acceptable.

Physicsfan: yes they did. But the quarter seemed to be more excessively dipped than the others. The others are decent and market acceptable.

All of the coins Jom just posted experienced the same treatment (with the possible exception of the half dime).

Ouch!

Interesting takes. From the Bust coinage I've seen over the past years most if not all of the nicely toned halves are pretty much all similar...at least the ones that are circulated. Many have hairlining to an extent as well.

As to the Barber half if it was dipped then it was a rather weak dip as it still has a ton of luster left...especially for an AU50.

The quarter may or may not be "acceptable" by PCGS or NGC as it's in an old ANACS holder. They graded it XF40 but I think it's more like VF35.

Thanks!

jom