• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your most recent acquisition: US
8 8

20,909 posts in this topic

Ya know I look at these old proof coins like the 1887 I'm showing above and it makes a guy wonder who owned it ? Where has this coin been and who ordered it from the mint in 1887 and how has it been cared for all these years. It's a cool piece and not at all hard to look at. Thanks again Sam....Joe

Amen, brother......that's exactly what I think when I see one, especially when you consider that they really weren't that expensive until the 50's or 60's. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

P.S. I'm trying to resist the urge for a proof Trade Dollar... one of those might leave me catatonic.

Nice Joe!!

I always wondered what one of these would look like if imaged with a black light. :D

Black light?? lol....You know how hard it is to image a proof Bob. :makepoint:

Nice Joe!!

I always wondered what one of these would look like if imaged with a black light. :D

Black light?? lol....You know how hard it is to image a proof Bob. :makepoint:

:grin::devil:

Yes, I sure do. You did a great job!

i like your seated stuff ya got there, wtg :)

I picked this one up at the Sacramento coin show. It's a small show but jam packed full of nice pieces if ya like coins. This one is graded PR-63 by pcgs. It's not labled cameo but it looks close to me. The eye appeal is off the charts with this one so I purchased it. Thanks again for the kind words. All the best.....Joe

Edited by Buffalo Head

Joe, who took those pictures?
Joe took those pictures and I can tell you after I've seen some of his work on coins in hand, that's what the coin looks like.

Joe, who took those pictures?
Joe took those pictures and I can tell you after I've seen some of his work on coins in hand, that's what the coin looks like.

The reason I ask is because the top set of pictures, especially the obverse, are really good. Bottom ones are a bit too dark for me, but the top ones are quite pleasing.

Jason, I'll bet Joe was going for the color in the first and then the straight on cameo look on the second... but then again, that's me just speculating.

My first small ANACS holdered coin. The colors just pop on this one in hand.

1958_Roosevelt_Dime_ANACS_MS66_toned_composite_zps34575427.jpg

I love the color on your Roosevelt Dime! There are a lot of nice coins in these older ANACS holders. What type of lighting did you use in shooting this image?

Joe (BuffaloHead) - I love your proof Seated Liberty Quarter.

My first small ANACS holdered coin. The colors just pop on this one in hand.

1958_Roosevelt_Dime_ANACS_MS66_toned_composite_zps34575427.jpg

I love the color on your Roosevelt Dime! There are a lot of nice coins in these older ANACS holders. What type of lighting did you use in shooting this image?

The same lighting I always use. I use three IKEA LED Jansjo lamps.

Here's the grade on the Roanoke. I had it on the guess the grade forum and people either got it way wrong or were on the money.

Yes, that is a GOLD bean. Thanks for looking.

137123.jpg.47349085ee99ad638c778e347c8f37a5.jpg

I finally found me a set of the FSNC-2002 Jefferson 1938 Nickels. I picked up the numbered pair #927 (of a mintage of 1,938 each of the MATTE finish and the PROOF finish).

They are beauties in hand! :D

MATTE Finish:

2002_Jefferson_Nickel_FSNC-02_Silver_SEGS_MATTE_composite_zpsfbd7e6fb.jpg

PROOF Finish:

2002_Jefferson_Nickel_FSNC-02_Silver_SEGS_PROOF_composite_zpsb7154706.jpg