• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Daniel Carr Madison County Coin Club Medal
1 1

53 posts in this topic

On 10/25/2023 at 4:33 PM, hkfears said:

In 2021 the Madison County Coin Club had Daniel Carr produce a club medal. The silver medal only had 27 minted. 

The club is going to have a 2024 medal also minted by Daniel Carr. You can learn more at the club's website at:  http://mccc.anaclubs.org/

2024_Medal_small.jpg

2021_Medal_small.jpg

Those look nice, way better than most coin club medals/tokens. Plenty of coin club medal/token collectors out there, lots of ANA medal/token collectors as well. 

He may know tokens, but he knows nothing about monetary policy, the Fed, or central banking.  Conspiratorial to the nth degree.  Assuming it's who I think it is ATS. xD

Edited by GoldFinger1969

On 10/25/2023 at 7:58 PM, Mike Meenderink said:

These things are worth no more than the metal value. Why people think private minted tokens are anything but silly kitchy keepsakes is beyond me. D.Carr does not impress. Sorry

...u just keep on thinking that way, ill buy all u want to sell for the metal value....

Mr. Carr has sold some pleasant 5th-grade-art cartoon medals. (See the two medals MorganMan posted that include human figures. The Denver Mint portal is a pleasant copy -- as usual nothing original, and even here the Liberty head is misshapen.) There are people who like this kind of stuff so that's up to them. He has no authority to manufacture a coin, or anything that resembles a coin --  neither does anyone else.

The club medals are particularly egregious: bad copies of the creative work of others, totally lacking in even a mediocre 5th grader's originality. One can hope the club did not pay for these designs.

Edited by RWB

Those look great. He does an excellent job. Wish I was a member. I would order a couple. I cannot find any clubs at all here close to join. Ive been searching. There are not a whole lot of collectors around here close. 

On 10/30/2023 at 6:59 AM, Hoghead515 said:

Those look great. He does an excellent job. Wish I was a member. I would order a couple. I cannot find any clubs at all here close to join. Ive been searching. There are not a whole lot of collectors around here close. 

You can order them at the club web site: http://mccc.anaclubs.org/

On 10/30/2023 at 4:34 AM, dcarr said:

That is not a nice way to welcome a brand new member (hkfears and their coin club) to the forum.

You want to see a Cartoon ? Here is one in your "honor" (and likeness) : xD

rwb_cartoon.thumb.jpg.fb7328e594d7518b20b72fdf72558081.jpg

The cat saw one of D.Carr's coin designs and nature took its course. It happens.

On 10/30/2023 at 4:34 AM, dcarr said:

That is not a nice way to welcome a brand new member (hkfears and their coin club) to the forum.

You want to see a Cartoon ? Here is one in your "honor" (and likeness) : xD

rwb_cartoon.thumb.jpg.fb7328e594d7518b20b72fdf72558081.jpg

Now this is original and fresh maybe you should consider getting out of the cartoon coin business and just stick with cartoons. Just sayin..

On 10/30/2023 at 5:53 AM, hkfears said:

This is not a token, but a medal.  Tokens are used like money for goods and services, while medals are designed to commemorate a person, place, or event.  So, yes, our medals are “keepsakes.”

Also, when the club talked to Mr. Carr about producing this medal, we wanted the St. Gaudens $20 as the theme.  Our members are happy with this design.

Finally, you do not have to be a member to order a medal.  Visit our website http://mccc.anaclubs.org/ for details.

Thanks everyone!

bLAH BLAHBLAH whatever lets just agree they are Theme-Fantasy tokens/medals/copy's/restrikes/garbage

On 10/26/2023 at 10:52 AM, zadok said:

...u just keep on thinking that way, ill buy all u want to sell for the metal value....

I would never own ANYTHING like this. In fact every single copy or counterfeit coin I have ever came into possession of either free or reasonably priced including restrikes IF silver has been melted and turned into bullion bars. Just to destroy them. Any non silver counterfeits or unmarked non silver fantasy coins I get I destroy.  If I got a hold (which would have to be free) of any of D.Carr medals or especially restrikes in silver they would be melted into bullion. The coins have no value to me. In fact I don't want them out there. I don't agree with what Mr Carr does. He jumps the shark when copying fine art designs from classic artists to enrich himself. Bad JUju

On 10/30/2023 at 6:02 PM, ldhair said:

We all have the right to our own opinions but we do not have the right to trash others over their opinions. Argue the topic as adults without the insults. 

It would be nice if Mr. Carr would post on this forum for other reasons than to just defend his product. 

There is an interesting discussion that I commented on about "improper annealing" vs "sintered plating" that is currently going over in the "Newbie Coin Collecting Questions" forum.

It has nothing to do with any of my products.

Edited by dcarr

I have to agree with DCarr:

"It is not up to you to decide for other people what they should want to collect."

I will also point out that Mr. Carr did NOT start this little person_without_enough_empathyfest. Sometimes, it is just best to keep your mouth shut.

Like momma said: "If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all."

On 10/30/2023 at 1:41 PM, dcarr said:

It is not up to you to decide for other people what they should want to collect.

Everybody decides that for themselves. If you don't like it, then don't collect it. If you happen to own one, it is your property so you can do whatever you want with it (including melting it). But telling other people that they can't collect it, even if they can and want to, is "Bad Juju".

Where did I say I decide what people collect? Please show me. Where did I say they can't collect it? Please show me. What I did say is I'd melt those coins. Send me some...watch me I'll make a YouTube video all about it.

Edited by Mike Meenderink