• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

on advising newbies, avoiding the pitfalls of too much knowledge

9 posts in this topic

On 5/12/2022 at 10:35 PM, GoldFinger1969 said:

Bigger problem is newcomers who post here 1 or 2 times and then disappear.

Must be witches and wizards afoot. 

I am a newbie ,It's a pity I don't always have free time, I'm willing to sit on this forum for hours.Such knowledge and help as here I have not found anywhere else on Google) Also here is a lot of information and materials that I use in my research for studyessay.I always recommend this forum to my colleagues and friends who collect coins

Edited by nickhardinn

I try to help when I can. If someone ask about something I can confidently answer. I have however answered questions wrong before. But the experts quickly corrected me. I still have lots to learn. The wonderful people on this forum has taught me more than anyone could imagine. One of the biggest things that newbies need to be taught is not to believe all the garbage that is floating around the internet and you tube. If we can find ways to keep them here long enough to learn that. Thats how I learned all I have. I was buying into alot of the, "get rich off pocket change, all doubled dies are worth a fortune, and other ." I didnt know any better at the time. Luckily I stayed on the forum reading every post and quickly learned all that I was mostly seeing was craziness. Its no wonder newbies think they got all these rare finds. Everywhere you look are these videos spewing that garbage.