• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2022 There Here
1 1

25 posts in this topic

On 2/23/2022 at 7:18 AM, Fenntucky Mike said:

I have less of an issue with the new design than most, it seems. I really don't have an issue with it now that I've seen it on a coin. I prefer the old design but I can live with the new one. (shrug)

Ya I think it looks fine now that I have it in hand.  

I think it will be hard to find examples in the wild that are not going to be all scratched and Bag marked . There are lots of smooth surfaces on this piece. 

After a closer look we have a chip + dent Here is a single one and then one on top of another just to show there are more than one out there. (thumbsu

S20220223_0005.jpg

S20220223_0007.jpg

On 2/23/2022 at 9:45 AM, J P Mashoke said:

After a closer look we have a chip + dent Here is a single one and then one on top of another just to show there are more than one out there. (thumbsu

S20220223_0005.jpg

S20220223_0007.jpg

Can’t wait to see people promoting “nose zit error” 2022’s. 

On 2/23/2022 at 11:47 AM, J P Mashoke said:

Remember folks you saw it here first on the NGC Forums. Georges nose Zit... LoL

Etsy has a whole new raison d’être. 

On 2/23/2022 at 10:05 AM, VKurtB said:

Etsy has a whole new raison d’être. 

The marketing opportunity is teed up for Zitsy, a site specializing in depictions of dermatological issues.

On 2/23/2022 at 2:35 PM, JT2 said:

just got one today from the MC D's  can say as that i like it.................I am sure they can do better...   of course i am partial to the classics

Do you think the Sally Ride one will be popular? Space does well. 

On 2/23/2022 at 3:46 PM, VKurtB said:

k the Sally Ride one will be popular?

I am all in on that one!!  kinda my bread and butter these days.........

On 2/23/2022 at 3:01 PM, JT2 said:

I am all in on that one!!  kinda my bread and butter these days.........

Bob M., is that you? (Bob M. is a committee chair in the ANA who is literally on the SLS launch team. He lives right there in Brevard Co. He also is a big CONECA guy.)

Edited by VKurtB

On 2/23/2022 at 7:37 AM, J P Mashoke said:

Ya I think it looks fine now that I have it in hand.  

I am a wondering about the bird on the reverse ? It looks more like a Hawk or Crow than a Eagle

On 2/23/2022 at 7:40 PM, Hoghead515 said:

I still think theyre hideous. Plum awful. 

On 2/23/2022 at 6:42 AM, J P Mashoke said:

with a wig on.

Oh dear; what you said.  

On 2/23/2022 at 3:46 PM, VKurtB said:

Do you think the Sally Ride one will be popular?

Oh Oh; him too.  Where's our Resident Amateur Mod when he is needed?    :roflmao:

Edited by Alex in PA.

On 2/24/2022 at 8:55 AM, Alex in PA. said:

Oh dear; what you said.  

Oh Oh; him too.  Where's our Resident Amateur Mod when he is needed?    :roflmao:

Oh, Thanks Alex. I just broke my own rule, let me rephrase . He looks like a past president with a wig on . ;)

On 2/23/2022 at 4:02 PM, VKurtB said:

rally on the SLS launch team.

By the way VKURT as i strolled through the VAB the othere day and was watching the stacking process.  she is a very impressive vehicle.  still i dont think it will rival the STS vehicles.  you knwo those were rated for 100 trips however i dont think there was one that had more than 35 on her.  i think OV 103 only had 39 flights on her such a waste............to let them go so early

On 2/24/2022 at 3:00 PM, JT2 said:

By the way VKURT as i strolled through the VAB the othere day and was watching the stacking process.  she is a very impressive vehicle.  still i dont think it will rival the STS vehicles.  you knwo those were rated for 100 trips however i dont think there was one that had more than 35 on her.  i think OV 103 only had 39 flights on her such a waste............to let them go so early

Yeah, only got 10 tower clearances out of Challenger. It got killt by hubris. 

The dot on the nose is intended to be there. It represents the scab from the multi-year required use of a COVID mask. 

Personally, I think the obverse design isn't bad. I like the fullness of the space. I also like that he is facing a different direction. His spaghetti hair is gone! He's got a strong "don't mess with me" look. 

I'd have preferred a reverse with a bold eagle. This eagle looks like it was run over by a steamroller. 

Maya has clearly seen better days. Looks like she is missing her right hand. Also, between her and EPU, I can only assume that she's been stabbed in the back with a stick and that is a drop of blood dripping down?