• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

JPM WWII Nickels
1 1

23 posts in this topic

On 12/23/2021 at 2:13 PM, bsshog40 said:

Looks like intials of his user name. Lo

Nice looking Silver Jeff!!!

On 12/23/2021 at 2:12 PM, RWB said:

What's a "JPM" ?

It would be James P Mashoke. yes my initials  JPM  

On 12/23/2021 at 2:30 PM, J P Mashoke said:

It would be James P Mashoke. yes my initials  JPM  

OK, thanks! I thought it might be another acronym for "Jefferson something-something-something Memorial"

On 12/23/2021 at 4:50 PM, Simple Collector said:

I find it disappointing that NGC requires an over date coin to complete the set. I’m pretty sure the mint never intended the overrate to be a standard production.

Ya I think it is kinda odd myself. It's like asking you to to put a VAM in your Morgan set. . 

You might have to drop in grade to get the set finished. Guess it depends on how bad that empty slot will bother you.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1943-2-Jefferson-Nickel-Fine-to-Very-Fine-Grade-A-Nice-Error-Overdate-/164887216497?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49286&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0

On 12/23/2021 at 5:08 PM, Lem E said:

You might have to drop in grade to get the set finished. Guess it depends on how bad that empty slot will bother you.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1943-2-Jefferson-Nickel-Fine-to-Very-Fine-Grade-A-Nice-Error-Overdate-/164887216497?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49286&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0

Ya I think that is what will be the final outcome to complete the set I will do some shopping for that 1943/2 I was looking at a 40 for around $120 that was nice but it is still a bit to much that 25 is more to my liking .

On 12/23/2021 at 4:40 PM, J P Mashoke said:

Ya I think that is what will be the final outcome to complete the set I will do some shopping for that 1943/2 I was looking at a 40 for around $120 that was nice but it is still a bit to much that 25 is more to my liking .

I hope you can find one that fits into your collection and you are happy with. The good thing is that there have been a lot of these certified in a wide range of grades. I wish you the best of luck my friend.

On 12/23/2021 at 4:50 PM, Simple Collector said:

I find it disappointing that NGC requires an over date coin to complete the set. I’m pretty sure the mint never intended the overdate to be a standard production.

Thats gonna be the ones that get me on the Washington quarters. The 1950 d/s and the 1950 s/d. They dont come very cheap at all. Just 2 more very expensive coins I cant afford. If they are doing those 2 then wonder why not the rest of the numerous RPMs. 

Edited by Hoghead515

I was looking at this new 1943-P I got the other day and it looks like there is some minor doubling, nothing to extreme but it is still kinda cool to find 

S20211225_0001.jpg

S20211225_0002.jpg

S20211225_0003.jpg

On 12/25/2021 at 11:20 AM, J P Mashoke said:

I was looking at this new 1943-P I got the other day and it looks like there is some minor doubling, nothing to extreme but it is still kinda cool to find 

S20211225_0001.jpg

S20211225_0002.jpg

S20211225_0003.jpg

Hey J P.  Definitely looks like doubling to me.  Very nice.  I did a quick peek at VV and there are numerous DDO for this year and mint.  Check out this one on VV for a match.  Aside from the other doubling, the Y in LIBERTY is what stood out to me IMHO for a match.  (thumbsu

1943-P DDO-0011

Edit: well.... after looking at a few more on VV, several of them seem to exhibit the same strike on the Y where it looks to have a "ridge" on the upper left of the Y.  It should still be a match to one of those though.

Edited by GBrad

On 12/25/2021 at 11:35 AM, GBrad said:

Hey J P.  Definitely looks like doubling to me.  Very nice.  I did a quick peek at VV and there are numerous DDO for this year and mint.  Check out this one for a match.  The Y in LIBERTY is what is most convincing IMHO for a match.  (thumbsu

1943-P DDO-011, 11-O-I-CCW

Yes Greg I was looking at that. It seams to be real close. But the Y and P mint mark on DDO-012 is closer to my coin but the reverse Die marks are not on my coin maybe it is a earlier strike ? So maybe my coin is a DDO-11.5  :roflmao:

On 12/23/2021 at 1:01 PM, J P Mashoke said:

I actually have all the coins but the 44s and a 45s  need to be NGC or PCGS to complete my registry which I hope to have before the end of the year. My set is MS 64,65 and 66 and for some reason NGC is asking for a 1943 over 42 which to me is asking for a error coin to complete the registry set.? That particular coin is a $400 coin in MS 64 so I guess I will never be completing the set seeing I am way to cheap to pay that price for a Nickel :roflmao: 

Almost all certified 64-66.jpg

Very nice, I am curious to why the marked out number/code, I know it’s so no one can see it but what has transpired to create the necessity. Some do some don’t.  Thanks

Edited by R__Rash

On 12/25/2021 at 3:18 PM, R__Rash said:

Very nice, I am curious to why the marked out number/code, I know it’s so no one can see it but what has transpired to create the necessity. Some do some don’t.  Thanks

There are a lot of counterfeiters out there nowadays. what better place to come to than a coin  Forum website  To learn how to do things they even counterfeit labels so I just try not to make it too easy for them to do copies not that I think they're gonna do copies of my cheap coins L o l  But maybe it'll slow  them down a little bit.

On 12/25/2021 at 1:46 PM, J P Mashoke said:

There are a lot of counterfeiters out there nowadays. what better place to come to than a coin  Forum website  To learn how to do things they even counterfeit labels so I just try not to make it too easy for them to do copies not that I think they're gonna do copies of my cheap coins L o l  But maybe it'll slow  them down a little bit.

Thanks, there are probably more than we can imagine. 👍