• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How do you block seeing an NGC member's posts, profile and threads?
1 1

21 posts in this topic

On 11/24/2021 at 2:03 PM, JKK said:

Hover over their username until the popup shows buttons at bottom: Message, Find Content, Ignore. Choose Ignore and check the resulting boxes for all that you wish to ignore from them. This won't make them vanish from your world like Faceblocking someone, but it will thereafter require you to click to choose to see their hidden posts. Of course, when people respond to them and quote all their useless male_cattle_droppings, you'll still be seeing said droppings. Won't that be fun?

Indeed it is fun to see the excrement of ignored members pop up from time to time like the Ghost of Excrement Past.  :whatthe:  Not really, but I guess it's a fact of life around here, sadly.

Good to know sir, on a more serious note it is unfortunate that you needed to block a member.  I have done that only once myself and that member no longer participates here so not an issue for me any longer.   I try and respect all the opinions that are voiced here but I do understand that it can make the forum a more enjoyable experience exercising that option when the need arises. 

On 11/24/2021 at 4:11 PM, Coinbuf said:

I try and respect all the opinions that are voiced here but I do understand that it can make the forum a more enjoyable experience exercising that option when the need arises. 

I agree with you 100%.  I am new to this, but I spend a lot of time studying.  I have learned a lot from the experts on this forum, and I haven't scratched the surface of this hobby.  Not trying to be nasty at all... but if one is clearly being routinely nonsensical, irrational or just refuses to be accurate - I don't have time for that person.  

Bicker or block?  I choose block.

Edited by The Neophyte Numismatist
not aimed at anyone

I've blocked more than my fair share since I started here in 2010.  Mostly trolls (man, have we had A LOT of trolls) but also some people who just couldn't stop with the politics and, in one case, a religious whackadoodle.  In all cases, it made my experience here much better.  The Internet is like any other area of life, you're going to meet up with some jerks and some people that you just don't mesh well with.  It happens.  

On 11/24/2021 at 7:10 PM, Revenant said:

I don't generally ignore anything but bots, but I also don't feel the need to engage.

I try not to engage or promote the madness . I do get upset that there are people who use the members expertise for unethical practices and also misleading new members, but I cant change there actions or comments, unfortunately .

On 11/24/2021 at 9:00 PM, J P Mashoke said:

I try not to engage or promote the madness . I do get upset that there are people who use the members expertise for unethical practices and also misleading new members, but I cant change there actions or comments, unfortunately .

This is true, JP.  To that list I'd add people who try to exploit the knowledge of the members here to make a buck selling coins without gaining the years of knowledge needed to do so successfully for themselves.