• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

found another one

21 posts in this topic

I am a bit confused here.  The coin (or fake) is displayed as a 1895-CC (which can't be possible) but the last pic in your OP shows the online listing as an 1895-O. I guess it doesn't matter now that I saw your post that it has been removed from eBay.... Good thing IMHO.  Nothing but junk.

Edited by GBrad
just realized the op's statement that it was removed from the Bay.

you are right GBrad, the post indicates 95o, but the reverse is cc. obv& rev look the same. I reported to ebay tuesday and then I could not find it, thought it was gone, but I guess I was incorrect.

Edited by jimbo27

On 11/10/2021 at 11:55 AM, Jblindy said:

I’m sure that would make the graders day and give him a good laugh. 

I'm certain it would.  I know it would crack me up if I saw that without warning....it did when I saw Mark's photo, actually.

On 11/11/2021 at 3:10 AM, powermad5000 said:

Terrible counterfeit. jimbo27, this post should be on the counterfeits chat board. Anyhow, yes, the 1895 CC does not exist. Even if it did, the "mushy" stars on the obverse are the first dead giveaway. The other tipoff on eBay is a seller that has 0 stars as feedback next to their username. All of us that do sell on eBay, yes, did at one time start with zero stars of feedback, but you need to be HIGHLY SUSPICIOUS of any of them selling coins. When I started selling on eBay, due to the zero stars just starting out, I sold a drum, some cd's, and some electrical parts I was never going to use. The shady coin sellers when they get busted by eBay just acquire a new email address and then reopen a new account using a different username, but the zero stars selling coins is to me a dead giveaway that anything they have is a scam. Until eBay has a new policy for new users that they 1) Can't sell anything at auction  2) Cannot list anything for sale in the Coins or Bullion category and 3) Must have items for sale for less than $25 on Buy it Now, then the problem will persist on there.

And 124spider, that 1905 is just FANTASTIC! I'm sure there is a record at the Mint that they made one 1905 Morgan and stopped production. :roflmao:

But the 2021 Morgans have mushy stars too!

On 11/11/2021 at 12:53 PM, 124Spider said:

Ask, and it shall be done.  

It turns out that my "rare" 1905 Morgan "dollar, which weighs in at 25.1 grams, is an even-rarer 1905-S!

FakeReverse.jpg

I believe there is a .097 g +/- weight tolerance on Morgans.  This one has obviously seen some heavy circulation and has worn accordingly since it was minted 116 years ago. It would have to weigh considerably less for it to carry any premium.....  I think it's just fine. Just MHO here  (thumbsu:grin: