• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

If high-end collections have cabinets, what do low-end collections have?

19 posts in this topic

My workspace is HORRIBLE.  It's right up there with James' but probably a little worse even.....I lost a dupondius in it a couple weeks ago!!! Thankfully, she did emerge from the wreck eventually....but it's bad when your coins disappear into your workspace!!!

I keep all My collection locked up in a gun vault , I also have a full size old old money safe , I keep my other documents and some firearms locked up as well … my coin collection does take up a lot room in my bigger vault . I been thinking about buying another Knox vault just for my coin collection , running out of room for firearms as well . 

On 10/7/2021 at 7:09 AM, Jason Abshier said:

running out of room for firearms as well . 

You need to get a bigger place :) 

I been thinking about buying this big beast ! I have a large basement almost full length of the house it’s a ranch style home basement it pretty long and wide . If I buy this one I can sell off my other two safes . This beast is 100 gun safe plenty storage room in it but price tag is $8,000 which seems not too bad 

61A67B66-7FE0-4112-9193-5363302464E1.png

On 10/7/2021 at 8:32 AM, Jason Abshier said:

I been thinking about buying this big beast ! I have a large basement almost full length of the house it’s a ranch style home basement it pretty long and wide . If I buy this one I can sell off my other two safes . This beast is 100 gun safe plenty storage room in it but price tag is $8,000 which seems not too bad 

61A67B66-7FE0-4112-9193-5363302464E1.png

But will it fit in the door ways. and can the stairs to the basement hold the weight.

On 10/7/2021 at 6:43 PM, Rummy13 said:

But will it fit in the door ways. and can the stairs to the basement hold the weight.

It’s a ranch home basement is right at bottom with a large garage opening and a steel door it should fit . It will be resting on concrete foundation . If it doesn’t fit ? Lol! I’ll have to the get the air hammer and chisel out and air Jack the bricks out around basement steel door to get it in the basement… can always put the bricks back . 

On 10/8/2021 at 5:40 PM, RWB said:

Ahhh...Perfect! If the frame costs more than the content, then it's a true "low end collection."

Oh man......how many of those kinds of things did I see walking into the coin shop I used to work at......fancy holders with pretty much garbage coins in them.  

On 10/9/2021 at 9:23 PM, RWB said:

See? That's what happens when one tries to be sly with a real expert!

Yep.  It's official....the boards' resident Faustina the Younger guy inflicted some ownage on himself with some snark about a U.S. coin holder related topic lol  That's okay though....if I learn something from it, I'm totally not embarrassed and find value in the experience.

Edited by Mohawk