• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The most bizarre slabbed item I have ever seen.

20 posts in this topic

That reminds me of my pet scorpion, Terra.  I used to have to feed her live crickets and she would mangle them like that when she was a baby.  I miss her.  RIP Terra 2005-2012 :frown:

My bet is:  The whole deal is fake.  Cracked the slab - remove coin - insert bug - reassemble slab - sell.  :devil:

Note how you cannot see the front of slab with number.  Yep; Gotcha!

Edited by Alex in PA.
Spelling

On 9/9/2021 at 6:19 AM, Alex in PA. said:

My bet is:  The whole deal is fake.  Cracked the slab - remove coin - insert bug - reassemble slab - sell.  :devil:

Note how you cannot see the front of slab with number.  Yep; Gotcha!

Which brings up the question............what would it grade?

On 9/9/2021 at 8:48 AM, Alex in PA. said:

IN-70 of course.  (Insect - 70).    :roflmao:

Nope that one has serious environmental damage, dried out and crispy as @Lem E noted.  lol   I say netted down to EF, and I also question the FH designation as it is detached.  ;)

On 9/9/2021 at 11:35 PM, Revenant said:

Huh, someone really will buy / collect anything...

But... I collect stamp cancelled Zimbabwean traveller's checks - some of which are actually stamped "waste." My house probably has too many windows for throwing rocks. lol 

Indeed they will.  There are people who collect Starbucks gift cards with no balances on them.  I know this because I used to work for Starbucks in my 20s.  When you work there, they give you this special Starbucks card called a Partner Card.  It's like an employee ID card mixed with a gift card.....you could add money to it and use it as a Starbucks gift card.  When you resign (or are terminated), you are supposed to give this card back.  Well, when I resigned from Starbucks for the second time, I knew I was never going to go back to working for them, so I kept my Partner Card.  I ended up selling it on eBay for over $200 because Partner Cards are never supposed to come onto the collector's market.....so, yeah, someone paid me over $200 for my crappy Starbucks Partner Card that had done nothing but sit in my wallet for a long time.  Your ZImbabwean traveler's checks are much, much cooler than empty Starbucks gift cards.  

Edited by Mohawk

On 9/15/2021 at 12:08 AM, Cat Bath said:

We need a picture for future reference.

BTW....Over 2K now w/ 50 bids & 46 days to go.

Doesn't anyone have a Wings sticker they could have put on it?:grin:

1053958-1.thumb.jpg.e4db56612934782ef31c00c14382bab8.jpg

But does it count as a foreign coin? I think WINGS only does foreign coins. 🤔

On 9/9/2021 at 12:12 PM, Coinbuf said:

Nope that one has serious environmental damage, dried out and crispy as @Lem E noted.  lol   I say netted down to EF, and I also question the FH designation as it is detached.  ;)

And… he has even lost his head! Along with the bozos bidding that lot up, apparently. 

On 9/9/2021 at 10:51 PM, Mohawk said:

Indeed they will.  There are people who collect Starbucks gift cards with no balances on them.  I know this because I used to work for Starbucks in my 20s.  When you work there, they give you this special Starbucks card called a Partner Card.  It's like an employee ID card mixed with a gift card.....you could add money to it and use it as a Starbucks gift card.  When you resign (or are terminated), you are supposed to give this card back.  Well, when I resigned from Starbucks for the second time, I knew I was never going to go back to working for them, so I kept my Partner Card.  I ended up selling it on eBay for over $200 because Partner Cards are never supposed to come onto the collector's market.....so, yeah, someone paid me over $200 for my crappy Starbucks Partner Card that had done nothing but sit in my wallet for a long time.  Your ZImbabwean traveler's checks are much, much cooler than empty Starbucks gift cards.  

Phone cards (remember them?) were a hot collectable for what seems like 15 minutes now.

On 9/15/2021 at 9:34 AM, VKurtB said:

Phone cards (remember them?) were a hot collectable for what seems like 15 minutes now.

n playboy club cards....ive still got my metal one, wonder if i could get it slabbed?...ditto the fluffy bunny tail....

On 9/15/2021 at 9:34 AM, VKurtB said:

Oh yeah!!! They were, weren't they?  I wonder how that collector's market is doing now.........