• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Mercury Dime Missing date

12 posts in this topic

My guess would be 1926. The obverse seems to have been worn abnormally. The rims shouldn’t be worn that much without more wear on the obverse in general. In this shape it’s worth silver spot value essentially. 

On 8/23/2021 at 1:26 AM, Woods020 said:

My guess would be 1926. The obverse seems to have been worn abnormally. The rims shouldn’t be worn that much without more wear on the obverse in general. In this shape it’s worth silver spot value essentially. 

My guess too.  Definitely looks like a 6 on the number in the date with heavy circulation wear especially on the reverse. The rim on the obverse has encroached on the T and Y of LIBERTY in my observation of your pics. Possibly a dryer coin......not likely as I'm not seeing any rounded edges,.... or just a very heavily circulated Mercury showing it's age and wear. 

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

Thanks to all for the kind words. This was written for The Numismatist and reprinted by NGC.