• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official Saint-Gaudens/Gold Coin Price Thread
2 2

453 posts in this topic

On 5/9/2024 at 11:32 AM, GoldFinger1969 said:

An NGC Conservation label for an MCMVII HR says "GENUINE" -- this means it was a Details coin, right ?  :taptaptap:

Has to be....coin went for $8,100 (w/bp) and it was Flat Rim.  

...quite possibly, but basically it means the submitter requested the coin just be authenicated....fyi, i just returned from attending the PAN coin show, u will be happy to know that gold was doing quite well saints included...bullion was strong, and sources tell me that the costco nutter-butter machines r chugging rite along as well....

Two Obervations on Ebay and GC unsold gold stuff:

1. Folks asking too high a price or a price that equals recent sales or FMV....BUT...when you add in fees, BP, S&H, you are anywhere from 15-20% higher from the buyers perspective. 
  2. Others are trying to go by bubble prices from years ago which are unrealistic, even with gold much higher.  And some are using gold as a reference, i.e., 2009 UHR MS-70 should sell for 2x price of gold (2009-18 prices) so it should sell for 2x higher price today. :o

When I scan listings for 🐓's from sellers who are so preoccupied they fail to take note that gold melt exceeds their coins' presumably FMV, I contact them in the space provided for that purpose.  Minor fluctuations are normal.  It's times of sustained volatility where prices rise measurably in noticeable increments that attract my attention.

No seller I extended that gratuitous courtesy to has failed to thank me profusely.