• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Are these people serious?
2 2

17 posts in this topic

On 7/30/2021 at 6:07 PM, Mr_Spud said:

I don’t think anybody will fall for that one or for his missing P Lincoln fake error coin either 

I didn’t even look to see if he had others. Wow. 

The Seller has a (0) rating . Scammer !!!! Ebay bad at weeding them out , my sister once fell for something on eBay not paying attention she didn’t realize the seller had ZERO rating she spent over $200+ for something , well guess what seller closed the account few days later just after they said they shipped something . Turned out to be a empty box… she never did get money back , when she contacted ebay they said “it shows the package was delivered” nothing they could do about it … 

I only deal with sellers on eBay who have 100% rating that been selling coins on eBay for few years … I might make an exception for sellers with 99.5% rating sometimes … there are buyers on there that are just as bad as scamming seller these buyers like to make a seller look bad sometimes by leaving a bad review … I even heard of some well know coin dealers on eBay shipping someone a coin later they complain the package was empty blah blah blah that dealer lost money and the coin … eBay is starting to get bad full of scammers ! It’s goes both way but lately I been hearing eBay sides with the sellers but sometimes that’s not always good like what happened to my sister she was ripped off by a phony seller who quickly closed their account and took her money to send an empty package 

On 7/30/2021 at 6:35 PM, Jason Abshier said:

The Seller has a (0) rating . Scammer !!!! Ebay bad at weeding them out , my sister once fell for something on eBay not paying attention she didn’t realize the seller had ZERO rating she spent over $200+ for something , well guess what seller closed the account few days later just after they said they shipped something . Turned out to be a empty box… she never did get money back , when she contacted ebay they said “it shows the package was delivered” nothing they could do about it … 

I think even the scammers would be embarrassed by this one.

Edited by Lem E

Well Lem you have some amazing Jefferson’s, but I bet even in your top notch collection you don’t have an MS65 FS that looks like that. Talk about a conversation piece. “I bet you can’t guess the grade of this bad boy”

On 7/30/2021 at 8:23 PM, Woods020 said:

Well Lem you have some amazing Jefferson’s, but I bet even in your top notch collection you don’t have an MS65 FS that looks like that. Talk about a conversation piece. “I bet you can’t guess the grade of this bad boy”

That GTG would stump everyone for sure. I figured I wouldn’t bid so you could put that one in your type set. B|

Wow ........Crooked ....... Man people are unscrupulous with no conscience .. I still have this roll of nice shiny Uncirculated nickels:roflmao: as a reminder of how some people care not what they sell. They must be worth $1000 each on the Crooked coin seller site?

Polished coins.jpg

I reported the miscreant for a number of reasons... No. 1: misspelling nickel. No. 2: Lack of a single bid recorded or even an offer being made.  No. 3: the Mint mark was not crooked or misplaced; it was missing entirely unless you believe in the theory of nocturnal mintmark migration. No. 4 : as hereinabove stated, no coin I saw was encapsulated.  Assigning it a grade allegedly certified by a TPGS is, to me, a worser crime than counterfeiting.  No. 5: if there were any reviews, I did not see any.  Eternal vigilance is an invaluable tool to use to shine a glaring spotlight on scamsters -- but it requires responsibility as it inevitably reflects on a seller's reputation, and livelihood.   🐓

Edited by Quintus Arrius
Typos confirming my illiteracy

On 7/31/2021 at 12:53 PM, Quintus Arrius said:

a worser crime

Quintus -- have you forgotten your basic Latin....?

On 7/31/2021 at 5:34 PM, RWB said:

Quintus -- have you forgotten your basic Latin....?

No.  I just didn't think anyone would notice.  Of particular annoyance to me is "woke," and "baby mama." Is it really expecting too much of people to accept the overall utility of the apostrophe in "my baby's mother?"  

On 7/31/2021 at 6:33 PM, Hoghead515 said:

I tried to check it out but I missed it. It has been removed. Must have been pretty bad 

Yea this thread doesn’t make much sense if you didn’t see the auction. Basically you had a very circulated raw nickel with possible corrosion being labeled as a NGC MS-655FS coin. Clearly it was neither mint state or encapsulated. Maybe the D mint mark was a little off. Starting bid of $500. It needed to be removed.