• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New to Coins

32 posts in this topic

Welcome to the Forum.

Could you give us the weight to two decimal points.

As far as your question, a dealer will usually give you 50-60% of its value.

3 hours ago, Greenstang said:

Welcome to the Forum.

Could you give us the weight to two decimal points.

As far as your question, a dealer will usually give you 50-60% of its value.

47 minutes ago, Gofiga said:

But it's not a fake nor has it been altered and it's a super rare die change error 

Incorrect. And you don't even believe it yourself, or you would hasten to send this "super rare die change error" in for grading and confirmation. You're now just trying to get people to agree that 2 + 2 = 5, and we're not, and we will not.

4 hours ago, JKK said:

Incorrect. And you don't even believe it yourself, or you would hasten to send this "super rare die change error" in for grading and confirmation. You're now just trying to get people to agree that 2 + 2 = 5, and we're not, and we will not.

Lol dumb ppl I asked a simple question and that was all then saying it's fake or altered when you have no clue So laugh all u want because I'm not trying to get anyone to agree on anything person_having_a_hard_time_understanding_my_point 2+2=5 lol no way possible what a dumb comment the post says new to Coins means I'm new to coin collecting So yea I don't know much but I do know one thing this is the worst negative chat group for new ppl Just asking a simple question but thanks to your negative inputs I will find another coingroup to join

12 minutes ago, Gofiga said:

Lol dumb ppl I asked a simple question and that was all then saying it's fake or altered when you have no clue So laugh all u want because I'm not trying to get anyone to agree on anything person_having_a_hard_time_understanding_my_point 2+2=5 lol no way possible what a dumb comment the post says new to Coins means I'm new to coin collecting So yea I don't know much but I do know one thing this is the worst negative chat group for new ppl Just asking a simple question but thanks to your negative inputs I will find another coingroup to join

You'll be so missed.

1 hour ago, Gofiga said:

Thanks got a free treasure book oh I do have a 1943 copper penny is it worth anything I also Have a Steel one which one is better?

We would need to see pictures of the coin close up and clear from both sides in order to determine if you have a genuine 1943 copper cent. Although the chances of you having the real deal are slim to none as it is an incredibly rare coin. I do believe you probably have a 1943 steel cent. They don’t command much of a premium like a 1944 steel cent but they are interesting IMO.

Welcome Gofia the best thing is to wait until you have a better Idea on what is what before sending anything in for grading . The members here know way more than most people when it comes to coins . Be patient and Listen to what people say they are only trying to help you go down the right path.   

That coin looks like someone was messing around with a hot soldering iron melted it either that or it’s lamination error lamination bubbling away from zinc underneath thin copper coating . You’ll be surprised a lot error coins ain’t worth nothing or even worth writing back home about or sending in for grading is wasteful money as well double dies and so are pretty common these days unlike a 1937 “3 legged Buffalo” or “1972 double die Lincoln cent” ,”1955 double die Lincoln cent” just to name a few are the more common types of errors that bring premium money 

2 hours ago, Gofiga said:

Well a die change error is when they are in process  of changing templates  and it stamps a coin by mistake

Wait! What!? Are you saying that when they were changing the dies, someone accidentally turned on the machine, and it spit out a few coins? Wow! That sounds like a good way for a fella to lose a finger!

Anyway, I have never heard of this. How did this make the coin look like this on both sides? Where did you find out about this error? Can you explain a little more, or point me to a link that has more information? I would like to do some more reading about this. Thank you.

On 5/28/2021 at 11:02 AM, Gofiga said:

Yeah it's not worth anything until it's graded duh

Not what anyone meant. It’s not even suitable for grading, 

3 hours ago, Gofiga said:

I Do not know how to send coin to get graded or if its even worth sending in

It’s not.

3 hours ago, Gofiga said:

My collection is Tiny I literally Just started was Just trying to get help thats all

Don’t be in a hurry to get coins graded ASAP. They will keep. 

1 hour ago, Just Bob said:

Wait! What!? Are you saying that when they were changing the dies, someone accidentally turned on the machine, and it spit out a few coins? Wow! That sounds like a good way for a fella to lose a finger!

Anyway, I have never heard of this. How did this make the coin look like this on both sides? Where did you find out about this error? Can you explain a little more, or point me to a link that has more information? I would like to do some more reading about this. Thank you.

Kind of surprising it still has the design on the coin as well albeit worn. Seems that if the die was out the coin would have no design elements at all. It almost makes you think this was struck normally and then lived a rough life doesn’t it?