• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This drives me nuts!
1 1

32 posts in this topic

6 minutes ago, Just Bob said:

I see it is taking a slight detour Down South. I only live an hour and a half from Jackson. Maybe it is headed to my house :)

Well I hope you enjoy your 57 nickel Bob. (thumbsu

Sent a priority package from Alabama to Massachusetts. Started on it's normal route south to Birmingham, AL then went on a vacation to sunny San Juan Puerto rico for 2 days. When I inquired at my local USPS they said that sometimes they are re-routed. The good news is that it did finally arrive at its destination. doh!

One time, some years ago on the First of December, I mailed a check to a friend of mine, a miner in Chicken, Alaska 380 miles from Anchorage.  After two weeks he started emailing me 'Where is it?"  I kept saying "The check's in the mail"! :insane:

Again and again with the phone calls and emails so I sent another.  Well, on Christmas Eve he called to say he got the one mailed 1 December.  Only 24 days to go 380 miles!  :ohnoez:  Maybe it went by dog sled, eh?  :roflmao:

Patience is a virtue.  Seldom found in man and never in woman!  :preach:

26 minutes ago, Alex in PA. said:

One time, some years ago on the First of December, I mailed a check to a friend of mine, a miner in Chicken, Alaska 380 miles from Anchorage.  After two weeks he started emailing me 'Where is it?"  I kept saying "The check's in the mail"! :insane:

Again and again with the phone calls and emails so I sent another.  Well, on Christmas Eve he called to say he got the one mailed 1 December.  Only 24 days to go 380 miles!  :ohnoez:  Maybe it went by dog sled, eh?  :roflmao:

Patience is a virtue.  Seldom found in man and never in woman!  :preach:

I had a coin go from Philadelphia PA to Reno NV and then back to Illinois, but the worst of my experiences was a set of coins that were coming from a place outside of Chicago (only 3 hrs north of me). Went to 5 different states, made it to Champaign (should be in my hands next day), 3 days later it is in Dallas TX. It was shipped on the 4th of December and I received it on January 14th. The seller and I stayed in contact throughout this little trip these coins went through. We talked several times and he kept apologizing and I would say no worries, it is what it is. Finally it made it to Champaign and we both thought its going to make it. It ended up in Texas and we both lost it! He called 2 different postmasters and low and behold, it was at my house in 2 days. If anything I made a new friend out of the deal. 

F8F77BF6-1D52-4DE5-B436-1EEEEFDA8EFD.jpeg

Bonus trivia question. What design element was changed on the 1957 and 1958 nickels, and changed back to the original design in 1959???

2 hours ago, Lem E said:

I don’t know but I hope at least there were some free peanuts.

It is a business strike 1957 D. If you consider only 4 graded higher then yes it is high(er) grade. It did show up today. I wasn’t really worried about it not showing up or in a hurry to get it. It’s just the fact that it was here and then all of the sudden its in Mississippi. (Sorry @Just Bob).

701879AF-BAA3-470E-A9F8-7B94E0F6CC54.jpeg

5B11E7F6-92E8-41AA-A13F-1EF8853FF6E6.jpeg

Very nice man. That's an awesome find. 

2 hours ago, Lem E said:

Bonus trivia question. What design element was changed on the 1957 and 1958 nickels, and changed back to the original design in 1959???

Is it the mint mark location 

1 minute ago, zadok said:

it could be the addition n removal of the outhouse but ill just go with the size of the star on the obverse....

Correct sir. ^^

Just now, zadok said:

checked the chicken chicanery check engine checklist n it said fenntucky mike ate it all...

He does that sometimes. You gotta watch ole Mike.

On 5/12/2021 at 9:08 AM, Hagop said:

Sent a priority package from Alabama to Massachusetts. Started on it's normal route south to Birmingham, AL then went on a vacation to sunny San Juan Puerto rico for 2 days. When I inquired at my local USPS they said that sometimes they are re-routed. The good news is that it did finally arrive at its destination. doh!

Be thankful they didn't get sent to Costa Rica. That's happened to me before. Interesting long distance bounce. 

Oh yes my CAC stuff went to someplace in Jersey, then Long Island, then Pontiac Mi., then Detroit, then Indianapolis then finally home. this took 15 days or so Registered.