• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2019-P dime nose/eyebrow ring piercing and dotted flame on rev
1 1

9 posts in this topic

I have so far found four 2019-D dimes that I would submit for grading. The 2019-D dime I submitted last year graded at MS-65 FB and the 2020-D I sent along with it graded at MS-66 FB. Disclaimer: I am NOT suggesting to anyone to submit their coins for grading. I was testing my own personal grading skills.

21 minutes ago, Woods020 said:

If you look at many dimes minted in the last few years you will find a BUNCH of die chips. They are using these dies like rented mules. 

I agree. I see newly minted coins with all the MS shiny luster, only to be let down when magnified. What do they rinse the coins with at the mint anyways? Finding a LOT of spotting too.

28 minutes ago, Modwriter said:

I agree. I see newly minted coins with all the MS shiny luster, only to be let down when magnified. What do they rinse the coins with at the mint anyways? Finding a LOT of spotting too.

Yes white spotting is a major issue on the recent silver colored coins. And often times it’s not something acetone will remove. And you can’t seem to get a cent without black spots. They don’t  make them like they used to....

1 hour ago, Hoghead515 said:

The 2019 and 2020 dimes seem to be covered in die chips. I've seen a pile of them. Seems like most are right on Roosevelt's forehead. 

I got 22 cents in change today. 2 cents and 2 dimes. One of the dimes, a 2020-D did not have any marks, zits or spots. 1 for 4 with an rbi stapled in a 2x2 folder.