• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cool
1 1

21 posts in this topic

Also thank you for the welcome. I just want to make sure I fully understand these things . The other pennies were corroded zinc looking and they came out fine. After 1982 pennies 

Edited by Nannerz
Additional details

Vinegar contains acetic acid. Coins of zinc and copper do not like acetic acid. Next time, use the vinegar for dipping your dinner salad and not your coins. :)

2 hours ago, RWB said:

Nannerz --

Humor is often used to both simplify and "lighten" a situation. Your description indicated that a lighthearted response would be better than harshly reminding you of the obvious. Clearly not useful in your circumstances. When posters add a little emoji, it is often intended to show the direction of a comment.

A suspicion is that your response would have been similar if someone had been brutally clear.

Members have no role in who does or does not choose to post. Plus, you do not have to pay to post -- you can signup for free. The primary benefits of NGC membership - including complimentary grading and submission privileges - are what you paid for.

In any event, it is hoped you will continue to post questions and give the members a chance to respond to you and help you learn. I will avoid posting so you don't feel threatened. ;)

Dont censor yourself. I hope we can discuss another coin in the future.  Thank you.

7 minutes ago, Nannerz said:

I would like to offer my sincere apology for what I said earlier. I havent read much since , cant blame anything for how I did blow up this morning and I do hope to be able to be a part of the community and learn.  I wish I could blame no sleep and stress but anyways.  Thanks again I will lighten up and take the humor.  I hope everyone has a good day and at least everyone got a good laugh out of it right? I did read some funny things after I realized I made mistakes.  

No worries bud!  i dont think that anyone here hasnt had it at one time or another... even i was thinking one thing and wrote another and didnt hear the end of it for a day or so..........Stick around there are some very intellegent numismatic geniuses here... just ask anyone of us.... hehehe

4 hours ago, Nannerz said:

Dont censor yourself. I hope we can discuss another coin in the future.  Thank you.

Since you bring it up, what coins do you collect NOW and what are your future interests ?