• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2005 D Roosevelt Dime

43 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, coinstudentdeadeye said:

Its a shame you and your buddys think this forum is their personal playground to dictate opinions. Ill leave it at that. 

I have not yet put forth an opinion in this thread. I have, however stated seven facts. (Nine, if you count these last two.) I would still like for you to explain to me how the above statement concerning doubled die obverses on Anthony dollars relates to a repunched mint mark on  a 2005 Roosevelt dime. I am not blind, as you suggest. I am more than willing to listen to your explanation.

Edited by Just Bob

31 minutes ago, coinstudentdeadeye said:

“Momma” you corrected me with an informal word. 😂 don’t quit your day job. 

This is really getting tiresome.  Good luck with your dime.  

Momma

momma

noun
mom·ma 
less common spelling of MAMA
1: MOTHER
2slang : WIFE, WOMAN
Edited by Morpheus1967

13 minutes ago, Just Bob said:

I have not yet put forth an opinion in this thread. I have, however stated seven facts. (Nine, if you count these last two.) I would still like for you to explain to me how the above statement concerning doubled die obverses on Anthony dollars relates to a repunched mint mark on  a 2005 Roosevelt dime. I am not blind, as you suggest. I am more than willing to listen to your explanation.

In 96 the denver mint started using single squeeze hubbing process for cents quarters and in between, which eliminated alot of double dies. So then everyone starts using it year by year. Then 99 comes and the US mint needs to push out colllector proof sets and what do they do? They use the old equipment to dish it out. The results, a bunch on nice doubled dies on obverse proof sets. So my point is just because technology improved doesn't mean they cant be in a situation where they might have to use old machinery for whatever reason. And if thats a scenario then how do we know there cant be others. All im saying is i keep an open mind this isn’t about being right or wrong for me. Its about seeking my own results and yes that involves asking for opinions. That doesn't mean I have to take that opinion and run with it. What he said were facts and i never disagreed with him on the contrary i asked him a question to better my knowledge. I also stated my opinion while never saying I was right. I said im getting the coin graded so i can know for sure what may or may not have happened. That decision was made before even asking the question i just wanted some feedback. 

9 minutes ago, Hoghead515 said:

These guys are trying to help you and your acting like a jerk to them. I guarantee they know what they are talking about. They been in this hobby for years. And by your post your giving them a little bit of a tone because they are telling you it is impossible to be an RPM. if your the expert coin grader then why even ask here. 

Well to be honest with you i would have never asked if it wasn't because of getting the coin graded i just wanted some feedback im constantly learning and i never learn anything here but i said hell ill ask and to be honest i feel like the first answers i gave were not rude. It wasnt until other people stepped in and thought they were something to be afraid of. Anyway have a good day. All i need are professional graders and coins, the rest is all smoke and mirrors to me.  

On 1/15/2021 at 2:45 PM, coinstudentdeadeye said:

In 96 the denver mint started using single squeeze hubbing process for cents quarters and in between, which eliminated alot of double dies. So then everyone starts using it year by year. Then 99 comes and the US mint needs to push out colllector proof sets and what do they do? They use the old equipment to dish it out. The results, a bunch on nice doubled dies on obverse proof sets. So my point is just because technology improved doesn't mean they cant be in a situation where they might have to use old machinery for whatever reason. And if thats a scenario then how do we know there cant be others. All im saying is i keep an open mind this isn’t about being right or wrong for me. Its about seeking my own results and yes that involves asking for opinions. That doesn't mean I have to take that opinion and run with it. What he said were facts and i never disagreed with him on the contrary i asked him a question to better my knowledge. I also stated my opinion while never saying I was right. I said im getting the coin graded so i can know for sure what may or may not have happened. That decision was made before even asking the question i just wanted some feedback. 

Thank you for taking the time to answer my question. Much appreciated.