• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New Member Introduction

20 posts in this topic

After lurking for several months at this forum and ATS, I thought I would jump in here. I've always had a soft spot for NGC, perhaps because they seemed to have a less "commercial" vibe. And, I've always preferred the holder. Most importantly, I believe that two strong TPG services are good for the hobby and having two robust forums are part of that.

I've collected U.S. coins off and on since about 1953, am an ANA LM. Most of my recent collecting has been Lincolniana, mainly exonumia. That is, recent until about three years ago when I sold off the bulk of my LIncolniana and shifted resources back to my first love: U.S. coins.

I missed the emergence of CAC and registry sets which gives you a sense of the length of my hiatus. I did participate during the growth of the TPG services and still have rattlers and fattys from those days.

Although I'm obviously in the geezer class, I continue to learn. Ghandi said something like "learn as if you will live forever".

Welcome.

RE: "I missed the emergence of CAC and registry sets which gives you a sense of the length of my hiatus."

You didn't miss much...just more commercials. :)

Please - do not hesitate to ask "silly" questions....We all learn from one another -- except maybe duplicate bridge (like the Chesapeake Bay Bridge).