• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Washington and Jefferson GTG

17 posts in this topic

I am trying to decide whether I should submit these for grading. I am especially interested in what others think regarding the Jefferson, of which I know very little about. (I suspect some of the marks on the nickel are mint produced.)

I hope the images are adequate.

As always, all opinions are welcome and appreciated.

PICT0021_zpszsmmlobb.jpg

PICT0034_zpsuceqcxku.jpg

PICT0031_zpsxjmr1lzx.jpg

PICT0048_zps3lihzcfr.jpg

They are attractive, but I'd put the Washington at 65 and the Jefferson at 64. Definitely not worth submitting.

The stripey toning on the Washington's reverse is super cool. It is typically only seen on coins of 1959, and rarely on 1960. I've never seen it on a 1954.

Must be the poor quality of my images keeping everyone away. It could not be my bad breath - I do not think so anyway.

It is certainly not my congenial temperament.

The Washington looks super clean and I like the toning. Both have super luster. The Jefferson has a few more marks than the Washington. I'd go 66 and 65, respectively.

Id guess 66 and 64 respectively. You can look up coins to see what they have been selling for and decide for yourself if they are worth grading.

I agree with Physicsfan. MS-65 for the Washington and MS-64 for the Jefferson. The Jefferson is pretty nice. A lot of those come poorly struck, but there are just too many little marks to get a Gem Unc. grade.

Washington appears to be looking at a small vertical scratch. There's a disturbance in the toning above and to the right of the date.

I'm thinking MS 65 "if" the break in the toning isn't damage.

The nickel has a very noticeable hit near the chin, the cheek and and rub on the upper and lower collar. The steps on the reverse have many marks as well.

The nickel would definitely not be worth grading under any circumstances. IMO.

Very solid result. Assuming to didn't pay too much for the quarter, you're going to come out a few bucks ahead if you ever elected to sell.

They are attractive, but I'd put the Washington at 65 and the Jefferson at 64. Definitely not worth submitting.

The stripey toning on the Washington's reverse is super cool. It is typically only seen on coins of 1959, and rarely on 1960. I've never seen it on a 1954.

I think the toning may be from exposure to the side of the bag that it was stored in. I have also seen BU silver coins that sat on fine stationary form the same pattern. Another possibility is from the glue in an old folder, but I'd say that is least likely since the glue in folders is usually applied in a vertical fashion and these lines appear to be horizontal.