• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bochiman et al. drinking the Kool Aid ATS..........

132 posts in this topic

I agree with Bochiman's position. It is kind of in your face to be posting NGC submissions ATS. I can see a guy being happy with a submission, but would he be posting the results if there were only three 70's in the submission and PL's instead of DPL's? I may have missed it but did the poster post his results over here? BTW, the submission results were outstanding and the guy has reason to be happy.

Gary

Do those guys form a line to at the PCGS luncheons and literally get on their knees and kiss David Hall's buttocks as he walks by ? SMH...

PCGS lets more AT garbage into their slabs than NGC... but few talk about that.

This is why I live on this side of the street.

People post PCGS submissions here all the time with no complaints coming from anybody. (shrug)

Let's keep it about the coins.....

Do those guys form a line to at the PCGS luncheons and literally get on their knees and kiss David Hall's buttocks as he walks by ? SMH...

PCGS lets more AT garbage into their slabs than NGC... but few talk about that.

YES THEY DO!!!!!!!

I found a new home here due to the fact ATS has more drama then an all girls HS.

And sad.

Yes, it is! Shouldn't the forums be about coins, not companies?

Chris

I agree. Although sponsored by PCGS, it is a COIN forum. Moreover, people post their PCGS submissions here, and no one complains. I don't see the problem with the post.

It appears to me that a number of posters here have chips on their shoulders about PCGS and PCGS forum posters. And this thread is just one example of that.

There are plenty of (and in fact, a majority of) non-Koolaid posts in the referenced thread on the other forum and I believe that it has been unfairly mischaracterized.

It appears to me that a number of posters here have chips on their shoulders about PCGS and PCGS forum posters. And this thread is just one example of that.

There are plenty of (and in fact, a majority of) non-Koolaid posts in the referenced thread on the other forum and I believe that it has been unfairly mischaracterized.

Oh, well, glad it's settled then.

The referee has spoken.

Offsides, 10 yard penalty...etc.

Well given how much angst NGC gets ATS, Mark I would have thought you would understand if some folks here would have 'chips on their shoulders'.....

Make it a 20 yard penalty - we bad here. (tsk)

Best, HT

It's times like this I would like to have Saint Guru around, he'd straighten this all out, getting banned in the process, but getting it said. :sumo:

Just to be clear, I am assuming you are referring to his Grading abilities. He is without a doubt a natural talent, and has a refreshing love of History. He does not run his mouth at the expense of another, unless called out.

He is not a person that suffers look what I know persons, and doesn't jump on the bandwagon. I enjoy his tell a coin history challenge. I was always giddy when he complemented me. I am a shameless guru guoupie. But, the museum visits, well, all I can say is they remain unmatched, even by the braggadocio wannabes.

Engage him about family, and his words will humble you. The point is, I like he guy. He does no have to bs or impress. He wrote the book. He is happy with vagabond or king equally. The top of of the top sense of humor. He got it.

Having said that, what they really need over there is to get pharmer back. That way, they would all be united in a common cause again.....torches and pitchforks at midnight.

Well given how much angst NGC gets ATS, Mark I would have thought you would understand if some folks here would have 'chips on their shoulders'.....

Make it a 20 yard penalty - we bad here. (tsk)

Best, HT

And when Mr. Feld was over there, he was the same in admonishments of those that attacked in reverse.

He is honorably consistent. Chip on shoulders? C'mon, its coin collecting blarney talk. Take it for what it is.

It is not raping and burning of the village.

I don't think I've ever heard anyone bash pcgs on this forum like they bash ngc ats. I think they should just make everyone pay for membership ats in order to join their forum and we'll see then how many run to this side and start changing their attitude about ngc. There are the few members that don't discriminate, but they are far between Mark!

I don't think I've ever heard anyone bash pcgs on this forum like they bash ngc ats. I think they should just make everyone pay for membership ats in order to join their forum and we'll see then how many run to this side and start changing their attitude about ngc. There are the few members that don't discriminate, but they are far between Mark!

The members that bash NGC are a minority, albeit a very vocal and visible minority. Based on the PMs I have exchanged with many members ATS, including some surprises, there are many who disagree with NGC bashing and PCGS only mentality that some are referencing. Many are very friendly and helpful.

I have nothing against the company, it's just some of the company they keep.

The members that bash NGC are a minority, albeit a very vocal and visible minority. Based on the PMs I have exchanged with many members ATS, including some surprises, there are many who disagree with NGC bashing and PCGS only mentality that some are referencing. Many are very friendly and helpful.

This may be true. It's usually the negative that stands out more in a crowd. I've interacted with some good members. I actually just bought some ngc ikes from a member this past week. It's just when the bashers come out, they not only ridicule ngc, they also ridicule the poster.

Absolutely true, some fantastic folks ATS that I love to talk to online at on the bourse, the vocal minority make it fun for us though which is why I linked to this thread, always fun to see what them boys are sayin' sometimes. Enjoy the humor of it in this festive holiday season.

Best, HT

It is trash talk, and that is all. A number of those same Posters slyly play at home in a dark corner with shiny trinkets from both side of the street. Loyalty is fine, nothing wrong with it. It keeps the hobby going.

Most of the time the attitude can be busted like a pin in a balloon. The same Posters would come here in another persona and do the same thing. Apply logic posits to some of the fanciful stuff uttered, and it is like spraying flykill. They try desperately to get out of the room. It is not discrimination. It is adult cowboys and Indians, that's all.

This may be true. It's usually the negative that stands out more in a crowd. I've interacted with some good members. I actually just bought some ngc ikes from a member this past week. It's just when the bashers come out, they not only ridicule ngc, they also ridicule the poster.

The same ridicule happens here.

I don't think I've ever heard anyone bash pcgs on this forum like they bash ngc ats....

You mean like the following from this very thread?:

"Most ats have thier noses in the air!..."

"Do those guys form a line to at the PCGS luncheons and literally get on their knees and kiss David Hall's buttocks as he walks by?"

"Yes, there are more posters over there however, the classy ones are here."

Don't sell this forum short in the bashing department. ;)

I don't think I've ever heard anyone bash pcgs on this forum like they bash ngc ats....

"Do those guys form a line to at the PCGS luncheons and literally get on their knees and kiss David Hall's buttocks as he walks by?"

My comment was directed at pcgs coins. I should have put the word coins in to clarify.

My comment was directed at pcgs coins. I should have put the word coins in to clarify.

Oh, then you mean like this (from this thread)?

"PCGS lets more AT garbage into their slabs than NGC... but few talk about that."

Mark is a Master in the art of logic posits. He can see the bust coming before it is thought.

He is like that.