• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bochiman et al. drinking the Kool Aid ATS..........

132 posts in this topic

....this thread here which is nothing more than a chance to take a personal poke at me and encourage more people to jump on the "attack PCGS posters" bandwagon that a group of YOU are so proud to do; repeatedly.

Why does it have to be personal ? I didnt take a shot at you personally. I have nothing against you personally. I even sent your kid free Ikes. I took a shot at a behavior. I do not and cannot understand why there are some posters ATS that constantly bash on NGC.

Does it make their coins any more valuable ?

Does it make their coins any more desirable ?

Does it make their coins any better, in any sense of the word ?

I think its safe to say that there are things that NGC does better than PCGS and there are things that PCGS does better than NGC. Without making a checklist of those things - I think anyone can agree to that statement.

I would never choose not to purchase a coin just because its in a PCGS, ANACs or even an IGC slab. Thats ridiculous to me. And as I have said in other posts I will continue to submit modern toners to PCGS because they are simply more lax when it comes to AT/NT determinations than NGC.

However, perhaps you can explain to me why those that you say are getting "attacked" ATS choose to only buy PCGS and/or hold them out as the top tier grading company - when in all likelihood that is simply not true across the board.

....this thread here which is nothing more than a chance to take a personal poke at me and encourage more people to jump on the "attack PCGS posters" bandwagon that a group of YOU are so proud to do; repeatedly.

Why does it have to be personal ? I didnt take a shot at you personally. I have nothing against you personally. I even sent your kid free Ikes. I took a shot at a behavior. I do not and cannot understand why there are some posters ATS that constantly bash on NGC.

I think its safe to say that there are things that NGC does better than PCGS and there are things that PCGS does better than NGC. Without making a checklist of those things - I think anyone can agree to that statement.

I would never choose not to purchase a coin just because its in a PCGS, ANACs or even an IGC slab. Thats ridiculous to me. And as I have said in other posts I will continue to submit modern toners to PCGS because they are simply more lax when it comes to AT/NT determinations than NGC.

However, perhaps you can explain to me why those that you say are getting "attacked" ATS choose to only buy PCGS and/or hold them out as the top tier grading company - when in all likelihood that is simply not true across the board.

Your last paragraph....where is it stated by the individuals you refer to.... for purposes of i.d. the persons getting "attacked" -whomever they are- are only buying PCGS or holding them out as the top tier grading co.? Is Mr. Bochiman stating that? I did not see that he did. If he did not, how can he explain on behalf of others what may be their choice, and whether or not they even stated the views you have attributed to them?

Your last paragraph....where is it stated by the individuals you refer to.... for purposes of i.d. the persons getting "attacked" -whomever they are- are only buying PCGS or holding them out as the top tier grading co.? Is Mr. Bochiman stating that? I did not see that he did. If he did not, how can he explain on behalf of others what may be their choice, and whether or not they even stated the views you have attributed to them?

Perhaps he cant. Thats why I asked. However, he does have strong opinions about what should and shouldnt be posted on a PCGS forum so whatever light he can shed on the subject would be most helpful.

You are not the OP who chose to take the personal shot at me in the thread title. I did not reference you as such.

There are some others who HAVE taken personal shots at me in this thread. I don't think that can be denied.

Yes, you did. He enjoys them. Thank you again.

You state "some posters" taking shots at NGC. Absolutely, there are some. Do you see it from me? This thread has my username in the title and the keyboard cowboys reference my message to the OP of the other thread there (that was poofed). That is my point of contention.

Big issue is this thread was done for no other reason than to stir the pot and start some trash talking and people jumped all over it for those reasons.

As for coins worth more in a certain plastic. Look at the market prices for many. Moderns, in the same grade, are usually a higher price in PCGS plastic. Can you deny that?

When I purchase non-moderns, I pay the price for the coin, not the plastic. Saying that, I have found MUCH BETTER BARGAINS when I buy my IHC Proofs (toned) in NGC plastic than similar in PCGS. Makes me a happy camper as I pay less, per coin, and can buy more. That's my PERSONAL experience that I can 100% stand behind in stating. Anything else (bust halves, seated coinage, etc would only be me trying to repeat what others have said so I won't do it because I don't have personal knowledge).

I also do recall reading on a post on the PCGS boards awhile ago that there ARE series where NGC coins are considered more valuable at grade/designation (FB Roosies maybe? I can't recall exactly, so trying to remember)

End of the day, though, I don't think that argument is neither here nor there for this thread.

I don't recall stating things that way so I won't gamble a guess.

What I will say is that I do shake my head whenever I see someone put their foot down and state that they will never look at coins in other holders nor buy them.