• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How long have you been on Ebay?

40 posts in this topic

I was looking at my feedback and remembered when I first joined Ebay. I started out June 5th 2002 with a total of only 674 feedbacks at 100%. lol

I guess it just made me curious as to when most of you started out on the dreaded site. lol

I joined October 2002 I don't use my account much anymore. I just send my coins to Shane, so he can list them. :grin: I believe my feedback is over 500 and 100% positive.

Member since: Aug 10, 1998 - 937 100.0% positive feedback both buying and selling.

Seems like a long time. I'm not a big fan of the changes over the last few years and I know most complain about the site, but I've found many great items I never would have otherwise.

-D

I should add, that October 2002 was the first time I ever turned on a computer. My wife helped me join ebay. comicmike was taken so, I chose comicdonna.

Sep 27 1998, 550 feedback 100%.

I remember thinking I should buy stock but was so broke at the time couldn't afford it.

OMG---I thought the EXACT SAME thing around the same time and I FOOLISHLY did not. I even did an analysis on the company for a finance project that I was working on in college at the time!

I joined later----Feb 21st 2000. I only have a 46 score but with 100% positive feedback.

I don't buy much on there anymore and the stuff that I did buy in the past was higher end in price----that is why my score is kinda low.

I joined July 25, 2001 and have 800 positives. After a few years of being at the mercy of eBay I decided to start my own website where I make the rules. eBay is all about Buyer Protection and doesn't seem to give a ... ahem ... care at all about protecting sellers.

Just like Conder101 I only buy on the Bay now, and sell via my website, at shows, via private sales and to other dealers.

Best Regards,

George

I don't do much in the coin realm anymore on eBay, but I use it as my "virtual yardsale" when stuff piles up. I use it as a way to flip some easy stuff so I can afford to keep my coin hobby going.

And my wife makes me buy her stuff as well....which just sounds sad when you type it out.

Member since July 17th, 2000. My feedback is total is 898 (99.6%). I got my first negative this year and have sold 520 items and bought 602 items.

You folks have a lot of experience. I started Dec 11 ,2011. Buy some and sold 156 to date with 100% rating so far.

George ( Skeeter )

And have seen a lot of changes in Ebay since then. lol

Member since: Dec-10-97, current feedback 928. I think I've received a total of 3 negs, one deserved. One of the guys who gave me a neg is a good friend now. Strange things happen.

If you ever want to see someones true feedback without having to search all day you can check http://www.toolhaus.org/

Coindude that web site was awesome and very telling.

I had a negative a while back (my first also) however he never paid for the item. eBay allowed his Negative to remain. I just looked him up. How they allowed his Negative to stay is beyond me.

buyer never paid for item...never contacted me at all. tried 5 times

Did not respond to emails went out and got the same item from another ebayer

Transaction completed thru dispute forum. Payment received.

His name says it all. Did not pay, did not respond, and did not answer dispute

deadbeat bidder

Do not sell to this bidder. No response to invoices or emails.

DO NOT buy/sell to this person! Didn't respond to emails and never paid for item

All that negative Non Paying Feedback and they still allowed his Negative to remain on my account. BS!

Thanks for that link.

Oh and Member since: Apr 20, 2001 ... First Negative was from that guy. His name was Hunter s h i t Head - all one word. (shrug)

My account is actually in my wifes name. We are elkgrove-53 and have been on E-Bay since July 24, 1998. She opened the account for her own purposes and I began selling coins when I got back into buying coins about 5 years ago.

100% positive feedback score on 428 transactions.

Learning to take great pictures is a chore but I always post great stuff.

*See my current listings.

Joined May 28, 2002

188 feedback 100% positive.

99.99% buyer. Sold one item, lost money...lol.

I think eBay is one of the great open market places ever to come along. You can find virtually anything. One HUGE f'ing garage sale. It's commerce at it's finest along with the occassional ugliness (buyer beware)! It's a mirror of B&M but you can shop in your pajamas if you want. It's not perfect, but nothing is!

Sep-25-00 20:06 (first transaction)

Note: Oh yeah, I had one 'neg' that year, bought a "proof" Sacagawea and the seller sent me a circulated POS! It wasn't enough to go through the trouble of sending it back, notified the seller that I was not a happy camper, they wrote back it was a Sacagawea golden dollar just like the e-bay auction stated, but they showed a obvious proof coin, so I neg'ed them and they neg'ed me back in retaliation. I really don't care...way too many commas in that explanation also, but then again, I really don't care.