• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Serious Help Needed!!!

56 posts in this topic

Thanks all, wife had surgery so that is taking all my efforts, nothing serious, gall bladder removal and some female issues, she'll be fine. Just a 2-3 week recovery before she starts feeling better.

Best wishes on a speedy recovery, George.

Kurtdog...... building some guns and buying parts for them. a little bullion, you know........the end of civilization as we know it, zombie apocalypse.

Oh.

Update for everyone, I called Bruce just now, he said he imaged my coins and is mailing them out Monday, said was unacceptable took so long.

Coins arrived today. As well as the disc of photos. I need to invest in some scratch out. As soon as I crop and edit, I will try to get them in my collection. Thanks all and thanks Bruce

Did Bruce give you a reason for hanging on to your coins so long and not returning your communications? Curious minds are dying to know given the drawn out time line of this issue. (shrug)

Best, HT

Coins arrived today. As well as the disc of photos. I need to invest in some scratch out. As soon as I crop and edit, I will try to get them in my collection. Thanks all and thanks Bruce

Great news! :headbang:

Did Bruce give you a reason for hanging on to your coins so long and not returning your communications? Curious minds are dying to know given the drawn out time line of this issue. (shrug)

Best, HT

No I wasn't given a reason, the phone call was quick. Just glad to have them back. If I ever find out I'll pass it on. Maybe he will join in and explain. No hard feelings it all worked out.

Coins arrived today. As well as the disc of photos. I need to invest in some scratch out.

Were the slabs a lot more scratched up after their return than before you sent them??

No, when he first started he contacted me about it. But they were not packaged as well when received as when shipped. But all is good

I need to invest in some scratch out.

I don't want to hijack this thread, but, has anyone used Scratch Out to remove scratches on TPG slabs? If so, did it turn out good or did it leave a 'haze'? I am always looking for the best product to do this with and I have not found it yet.

Thanks, HT

I've used it. Works good but you can save money by purchasing PlastX. Probably the same stuff rebottled and priced higher.

When you think you've rubbed enough, apply more and keep going. I haven't found anything that works well on NGC slabs though.

Poorguy (Brandon) had a fool proof method of polishing TPG plastic in order to catch the beauty of the coins contained inside. I've see pictures of him polishing slabs until they were crystal clear. What he uses escapes me, but he has like over 5,000 digital images of slabbed coins.

Maybe we can coax him out of the wood work...

I can hear it now,..George,your whizzing your slab again :)

Been doing it since I was a kid!! I can't stop

:signfunny::roflmao: