• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Serious Help Needed!!!

56 posts in this topic

I'm an insufficiently_thoughtful_person, In my eagerness to get some coins imaged I took a members offer of free imaging and sent a large portion of my Lincoln set to him. (I had planned on giving him a fairly expensive ASE for the imaging when done) That was around Thanksgiving. He stopped contacting me shortly after receiving them and had me approve a trial photo in early December. Since then I have called him, he answered 1 time, I suspect he did not know it was me, gave me an excuse about having been sick. Now he does not answer my calls, I have left messages here and on his phone and even left one at his fathers business.

That member is Bruceswar.

He has not been on here as far as I can tell in some time. Another member contacted me for his contact info also

He lives in Mesquite Texas. If anybody has any ideas, I am all ears. I have been concentrating on the other aspects of my prepping. I didn't die or anything.

Hope everybody is well.

Just to reiterate, I am an insufficiently_thoughtful_person.

All I can say is good luck. I'd contact the person via U.S. Mail with a certified letter/return receipt stating your case and actions to be taken if the coins are not returned.

I am familiar with the screen name but don't know the person. Perhaps other forum members are "closer" to this person and could contact them on your behalf. Once again, best of luck.

Edit P.S. Here's a thread from earlier this year: Where's Bruceswar

That certainly doesn't sound like Bruce.

I hope he is alright. It has been quite awhile since he has posted. He has been known to disappear for periods of time, but so far has always reappeared. Hopefully the trend will continue.

Bruce has always been one of the good guys. He has been an asset to more than one forum and a good friend to many posters. I hope all works out satisfactorily. Knowing how Bruce is, I'm sure it will.

I agree with Bob. Bruce has been here a long time and has always been a good member. I met him at a coin show in Ft. Worth a few years ago. He's passionate about the hobby and it just don't seem like him to stray to taking coins. Hopefully he is ok!! As suggested, you may want to send a letter to his address explaining who you are! If he has some sort of health issues, at least someone will get the letter.

It looks like his old eBay user ID is no longer active but if you go the website listed in his profile for the music store it lists the contact infor as bruceswar@aol.com and is actively selling on eBay.

Location Mesquite, TX

Ebay items for sale

If you go the store site in his profile there is a phone number, you might start there. I hope he is doing well, good luck.

I laud you for not leaping to judgment on it. Stuff does happen to people. I had to learn a long time ago not to get too annoyed about a failure on someone's part until I learned the facts, lest I feel the enormous guilt caused by "Well, after I was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer, both my father and my wife died within the month. But please don't trouble yourself. When I get a day when my niece is over here to help me, and I'm not constantly throwing up from palliative chemo, I will try and package up your coins and get them back to you. Ideally before I die. I'll put a note with them in the meantime, in case I go to hospice before then, to instruct my heirs to send them back to you rather than use them to cover a part of my completely destroyed finances. I hope that will be acceptable to you. Now, I have to go, because I'm going to throw up again."

No, that did not happen to me. But it could.

That would be fine and dandy if he had not answered 1 call, told story about bronchitis, said he would finish them quickly, and I had not enclosed a return shipping label prepaid to me. All he needs is tape to seal the box they came in. He also runs the ebay site for the music store that seems to be selling ok.

As bad as I want to say other things, sometimes people bring things on themselves. Meaning I brought this on myself.

I don't know what newprepper could have done before he sent the coins. Most here would have said "no problem" with Bruce. He always seemed a decent guy. This is pretty odd.

It seems to be a similar story to BigD5. He was always a great guy but he got into financial trouble and sort of disappeared on some people. Another member ended up paying off his debts (nice gesture). So bad things do happen to good people...who knows?

jom

That would be fine and dandy if he had not answered 1 call, told story about bronchitis, said he would finish them quickly, and I had not enclosed a return shipping label prepaid to me. All he needs is tape to seal the box they came in. He also runs the ebay site for the music store that seems to be selling ok.

As bad as I want to say other things, sometimes people bring things on themselves. Meaning I brought this on myself.

Can't see how you brought this on yourself. Doesn't appear that you did anything wrong.

Hope you do get your coins back soon.

Makes no difference, but thought o should say that I've dealt with Bruce a couple of times in the past and everything went smooth.

I really hope George gets his coins back..

Thanks all, wife had surgery so that is taking all my efforts, nothing serious, gall bladder removal and some female issues, she'll be fine. Just a 2-3 week recovery before she starts feeling better.

Kurtdog...... building some guns and buying parts for them. a little bullion, you know........the end of civilization as we know it, zombie apocalypse.