• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Post something CRUSTY!!!

129 posts in this topic

Now don't get me wrong, there's nothing wrong with a classic white coin.

wonder.jpg

Coin!!! I said classic white coin!!!!

1879sobv-horz.jpg

But don't ask me why. I just prefer the crusty ones :)

Krusty_the_Clown.jpg

CRUSTY ones, not Krusty!!!!

1892omorganngc.jpg

I feel they have more personality! More character! So, post a nice crusty coin from whatever series you desire (the crustier, the better)

This is my crustiest. It is mostly on the rims as the centers are white. There is a very subtle blue and the strike is great for this condition rarity. I'll keep her!!

1928smeo2.jpg

28srm.jpg

This thread made me think of this coin and, even though I don't own it, it is one of the most ORIGINAL early Walkers that I've EVER seen. Finding an undipped Walker before 1934 is like finding a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow.

I bid on this coin in Oct 2011 and I was outbid. The price paid was the most EVER paid for a 63 through the Heritage system. In retrospect, I probably should have bid more, even though I would have essentially paid 64 money for it. It was worth it and the strike is great, too, which makes this thing a home-run. It was likely stored in a blue Whitman folder.

I would like to say that, if anyone knows the whereabouts of this piece, I will pay STRONG money for it but I doubt it, as it is likely lost for decades upon decades, in a private, high quality collection.

My only consolation is that now I can get a good 64, which will be worth more $$$, in the long run, and will give me more registry points.

1917s63caco.jpg

1917s63cacr.jpg

I don't know what I'm enjoying more, the old crusty gold, all the seated coinage, the Walker's, the busties, Bobby's early copper.... I'm in heaven!!!

And yes Old Pueblo, that seated dime certainly qualifies as a crusty ^^

Walkerfan, I like the coin's with some crust only around the edges too. (and to think when I was younger, I made Mom cut the crust off my bologna sandwiches)

1903crustycombo.jpg

1891Morgandollar-horz-1.jpg