• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Post something CRUSTY!!!

129 posts in this topic

I don't know what I'm enjoying more, the old crusty gold, all the seated coinage, the Walker's, the busties, Bobby's early copper.... I'm in heaven!!!

And yes Old Pueblo, that seated dime certainly qualifies as a crusty ^^

Walkerfan, I like the coin's with some crust only around the edges too. (and to think when I was younger, I made Mom cut the crust off my bologna sandwiches)

1903crustycombo.jpg

1891Morgandollar-horz-1.jpg

Thanks! Those two Morgans are simply GORGEOUS! I could look at them for a LONG time. :)

The crustiest I have. I'm sure it was dug out of the ground at some point. Don't have a full attribution on it, but it's copper from the reign of Hadrian.

hadrianobv3.jpg

hadrianrev2.jpg

MORGANSCCSO018_zpse101c6a7.jpgMORGANSCCSO019_zps75337e58.jpg

1746beauty007.jpg1746beauty012.jpg

MINTSETQUARTER001.jpgMINTSETQUARTER003.jpg

MINTSETCOINS003.jpgMINTSETCOINS002.jpg

Dang Joe, those have more crust than a pie factory!!! ;) The Frank & Washie are esp. nice!

Thanks bud. The Franklin and Washie are from old mint sets I've owned since the 60's. Yes VERY crusty.....Joe

18844-O-1-1.jpg1844-Orev-1.jpg

Ya know, I don't collect gold, but if I did, I'd love to have that coin start off a collection. It has tremendous eye appeal.

I heartily agree! My favorite coin of the thread and they're all nice.

Here is super crust from deep, deep, deep, in the safe! We are talking barnacle crust from the bottom of my boat here!

We should have a contest here for the coin with the most crust. :o

132023.jpg.536a50cc20b210184c9e03dc41bfac4c.jpg

132024.jpg.8bdffd3ff93954621b75f84a0b214d88.jpg