• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Post something CRUSTY!!!

129 posts in this topic

I sure am happy I started this thread :)

There have been some real beauties posted. I think this was the first crusty I ever picked up. For me, it had the right amount of crust with a touch of color. This is the basic blueprint for what I look for in a crusty coin and I sure wish I still had her. Sorry for the poor image quality. Since I no longer own it, I can't take a better pic. I took that quite some time ago with a cheap point & shoot. It really looked much better in hand & I'm sure if I still had it, I'd be able to post a better photo.

1902Omorgancomboms65.jpg

I hope you don't mind if I bring a few more foreign friends to the party? Both of these coins get their "crust" from the original packaging they were issued in -- a velvet-type covering in their original boxes.

1965_PF65_Hungary_NGC_Klippe_restrike_obv.jpg

1965_PF65_Hungary_NGC_Klippe_restrike_rev.jpg

1946_Luxembourg_NGC_MS67_20F_Toned_obv.jpg

1946_Luxembourg_NGC_MS67_20F_Toned_rev.jpg

very nice all!

BRG, that 2 pence, its square eh? How big? Very neat!!

It's a Klippe -- Hungarian 2 Pengo proof restrike minted in the 1960s. It's quite large, in an oversized NGC holder -- maybe around 40mm on each side? :)

Raw, no plastic around it and my opinion on grade. But alas, it is going to the slabber in two weeks as I just received my membership 5 coin grading certificate for this year. It is worth slabbing probably not, but I have fun with the certificate each year and thaz the point of getting it.

Best, HT

1853-OhdXF45.jpg

My Barber Blue Color Crusted Proof

Your my boy Blue!!! very nice OP

With a Pair of heavy-duty

Zircon-encrusted tweezers in my hand

Every other wrangler would say

I was mighty grand

:o

I hope you don't mind if I bring a few more foreign friends to the party? Both of these coins get their "crust" from the original packaging they were issued in -- a velvet-type covering in their original boxes.

I haven't a clue what these are but there pretty cool!

jom

I haven't a clue what these are but there pretty cool!

jom

In reference to another post, for my knowledge, is the diamond shaped one a proof/

I'd say this is pretty crusty

1926SESQUIOBV-horz.jpg

Is this coin in a slab?

Yup!! ;)

1926sesslabibv-horz.jpg

Now where have I seen that 1926 Sesqui before ?? :grin:

I love that coin .

I don't know where you might have seen that coin before. Upon the recommendation of a good friend of mine, he checked it out for me in one of heritages Connecticut auctions. Nice guy he was, so you'd probably have NO idea what or who I'm talking about !! lol;)

1830dimeJR4NGCAU53CAC.jpg

Ohhh...kay...I want this one!

:devil:

jom

me too! Oops I already have it. My images don't do justice to the booming luster as well....... No small wonder why CAC stickered it.

Best, HT