• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A 1795 dollar....

22 posts in this topic

So I have always had my eye on the flowing hair coins. Most of the time I see them they are either A) badly mangled or B) Way out of my price range. Well about a week ago I spotted a 1795 Dollar at a local dealer's place and a friend of mine. Today I made a trade with him for the coin. Sure the coin is not perfect but it still has some meat left on it. Feel free to post any thoughts...

1795d.png

1795do.png

1795dr.png

In hand the reverse looks pretty dang nice. The obverse has its issues, which I think can be helped in time by naturally letting nature do what it does. The obverse looks to have been cleaned by the date area and in front of the face.

Coin is ANACS slabbed right now, but I think I am going to crack it out.

What is that impression in the center obv?

Your guess is as good as mine. Looks like something at some point in its life bumped into it and spun. Not 100% sure but it is not soo bad in hand

Great coin! Congrats on adding it to your collection!

I am a sucker for flowing hair coinage as well. There is something very majestic about it.

The historical value alone is worth the price. I absolutely love it, perfect or not. (worship)

I had a choice between a 1799 NGC Good 6 which was totally original looking, or this coin. Both were close to the same price, but this one just seems so much more rare.

So I have always had my eye on the flowing hair coins. Most of the time I see them they are either A) badly mangled or B) Way out of my price range. Well about a week ago I spotted a 1795 Dollar at a local dealer's place and a friend of mine. Today I made a trade with him for the coin. Sure the coin is not perfect but it still has some meat left on it. Feel free to post any thoughts...

1795d.png

1795do.png

1795dr.png

In hand the reverse looks pretty dang nice. The obverse has its issues, which I think can be helped in time by naturally letting nature do what it does. The obverse looks to have been cleaned by the date area and in front of the face.

Coin is ANACS slabbed right now, but I think I am going to crack it out.

I hope that future graders will look past the wheel mark and give it a numerical grade! The "look" is perfect!

Im guessing the mark is due to whizzing. Is the coin in a problem free ANACS holder or a details holder?

Those are not whizz marks. Let's not upset the poster for no good reason.