• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rolled the dice & won!

20 posts in this topic

I purchased this 1914-S Buff going on the sellers images, which were not very good, looks almost like they scanned the Buff. At any rate this is what I just received in the mail. Needless to say I am very happy with this purchase. The seller didn't even list this coin as BU or uncirculated, just the date. The cost was $78.00 but with the e-Bay bucks I had left over I only paid $53.00 out of pocket for this one. Thanks for taking a look and feel free to give your opinions......Joe

The top images were from the seller, the bottom ones are the ones I took....

T2eC16RygE9s7HJGnSBP9Y6Zpw60_57.jpgKGrHqJqE-wGYeMBP9ZWhw60_57.jpg

1914-sBuffaloNickel008.jpg1914-sBuffaloNickel009.jpg

Wow! Given the coin I see in your picture, I'd have to try hard to take one that looked like the seller's.

I'm guessing you could even double your money! ;)

Nice pickup Joe. That's the bad thing about scans is it takes a lot away from a coin. The sellers loses money, and the buyer has to gamble. Glad it turned out for the good for you!!

I would have to be a very creative thinker to imagine the scanned buffalo and the one in your photo were the same coin.

Another great pickup Joe. Nice gamble for sure. (thumbs u

Nice coin! Looks the buffalo needs to wipe its butt. :D

Here ya go.....I wiped it for him. Ya know, Buffalo's don't have fingers....

Thank you for all the complements, it is very much appreciated....Joe

1914-sBuff008.jpg

That acetone is some wonderful stuff.....

Not a criticism, trying to understand, new here, the original photo looks like a nickle, the other photo looks enhanced to the point of being a completely different coin. How do you acheive that and how can you look at the photo to determine value? What kind of camera or equipment is needed for the close-ups to show true? Thanks, I'll take my answer off the air

Not a criticism, trying to understand, new here, the original photo looks like a nickle, the other photo looks enhanced to the point of being a completely different coin. How do you acheive that and how can you look at the photo to determine value? What kind of camera or equipment is needed for the close-ups to show true? Thanks, I'll take my answer off the air

PM sent....

Great pick up Joe. Wow had the seller had your pics I don't believe this coin would have went so cheap. Neat, glad you saw the coin in the poor pics.

Jim

Great pick up Joe. Wow had the seller had your pics I don't believe this coin would have went so cheap. Neat, glad you saw the coin in the poor pics.

Jim

Thanks Jim. Sometimes it works out, and sometimes it don't...