• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Whats your favorite color of toning?

58 posts in this topic

$(KGrHqMOKjsE5UcLF3RlBOjJ(31s+w~~60_12.JPG

I have thought about what 1 color I like best - and have decided that no single color is my favorite, because they do not come alone -> they come with part of the package.

Some packages I like much more than others.

I love monochrome. Favorite monochrome color is blue. i missed out on a beautiful, 1880-s in ms65, from shane, that had awesome reverse monochrome blue! I was being a tight in the bidding and regret it every day! It hammered for ALOT less than what i would have paid for it!

Here are some toned pieces from my collection that I like.

This 1805 dime has been one of my favorite coins since the first day I laid eyes on it.

1805DimeO.jpg

1805DimeR.jpg

This 1832 dime is very attractive.

1832DimeO.jpg1832DimeR.jpg

This piece might be controversial because some people might think that it is artificially toned. Nevertheless it has nice like full cartwheel luster on both sides.

183750centsO.jpg183750centsR.jpg

I like green, yellow & red in that order....I also love the color blue....Edited to say....Great thread, I love the images, Great looking coins folks........Joe

Favoritecolors011.jpgFavoritecolors009.jpg

Favoritecolors013.jpgFavoritecolors014.jpg

Favoritecolors003.jpg

Joe whats a good price on that 1913? There is a raw one at the show thats coming up Friday. I think people are scared of it because its so wild. I think this one is like a 1934 or something. When you look at his case it jumps right out at you. But he has had it for over a year.

Joe whats a good price on that 1913? There is a raw one at the show thats coming up Friday. I think people are scared of it because its so wild. I think this one is like a 1934 or something. When you look at his case it jumps right out at you. But he has had it for over a year.

Let me go find it and I'll let ya know....Edited to say I'm not at the show lol..I'll send ya a PM.......Joe

Neon, lime, or emerald green. Green is by far the rarest and hardest to find color, especially with a quantity of green:

JPA925reverse.jpg

JPA870obverse.jpg

new1958D66obv.jpg

Very nice!

I like green, yellow & red in that order....I also love the color blue....Edited to say....Great thread, I love the images, Great looking coins folks........Joe

Favoritecolors011.jpgFavoritecolors009.jpg

Favoritecolors013.jpgFavoritecolors014.jpg

Favoritecolors003.jpg

Is the second coin new? I don't remember you posting this one before. I love it! Have you finished your set of immaculate Buffalo Nickels yet?