• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Whats your favorite color of toning?

58 posts in this topic

If your like me than you probably like all of the bright colors. For this thread I want to know the one color that your a sucker for. No " I like them all" answers.

Me personally I LOVE Red! So So So hard to find plenty of Red on a coin but when I do I am sold!!!

Feel free to post your examples ;)

Someone have a vibrant emerald green?

consigned one with Shane a few weeks ago. The person that bought it now wants $1700 more than he paid ;) .... I think it sold for like $400 or something

Morg1887TONEDREVMS63pcgs.jpg

Here's a good example of what I like...at least on a Morgan. It's that white into brownish to light blue you see on the left as it progresses to the right. I've always like that.

jom

Morg1887TONEDREVMS63pcgs.jpg

Here's a good example of what I like...at least on a Morgan. It's that white into brownish to light blue you see on the left as it progresses to the right. I've always like that.

jom

+100... I cant agree anymore!!! Sweet color transition.

I liked the color on this one I shot for Bozarth Numismatics. So I traded pay for the coin. :)

Lance.

3e7c5e5c.jpg5f287162.jpg

362a3613.jpg

Oh nice!! I have a nice reverse toned like this one.. we can only wish that it was obverse toned.. still, sweet colors!!

Well, I like color on my coins and would love to own many of the coins presented in this thread. But, if I must choose only one, I guess I say I favor the interesting outcomes from copper toning. Lusterous red brown and brown copper pieces do the trick for me.

I liked the color on this one I shot for Bozarth Numismatics. So I traded pay for the coin. :)

Lance.

Do you regularly do their photography? I just purchased a piece from their eBay auctions the week before last. The photography was a very accurate portrayal of the way the coin appeared in hand.

Well, I like color on my coins and would love to own many of the coins presented in this thread.

I think it is fair to say that everyone - or at least a solid majority - of any group polled would like all of the coins posted in this thread, yet each one is very different (I would almost say unique, but I am trying to avoid the cliche). This was my point about the colors - there is no one color that does it for me. For me, it is the combination of colors and the overall appearance of the coin. I personally prefer bright, multi-color coins. Above all, I also appreciate originality.

Neon, lime, or emerald green. Green is by far the rarest and hardest to find color, especially with a quantity of green:

JPA925reverse.jpg

JPA870obverse.jpg

new1958D66obv.jpg

Nice pea/sea green... SWEET!!

I love dooly's George V medal with the original holder, Physics' BTW and Lee's Wiscaaaaansin.

jom