• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FUN purchase

23 posts in this topic

This was a coin I always coveted (1994 Rotherberger catalog cover). I had a chance to pick it up fingerprint and all and I didn't hesitate. I did have it

reverse holdered. MJ

24491156_Large.jpg

Beautiful !!!

Congratulations on picking up one that you really wanted.

We've probably all had our share of the "ones that got away" so to get this one must be very satisfying for you.

Thank you. Yes, coinman it is a 67. The surfaces are in my opinion a 68 but the fingerprint limits it to a 67 IMO. The grade was not a factor one way or the other in my decision to make this purchase.

Mark I'm glad you got to see it.

MJ

That reverse is stunning! The red and orange and purple combine to make an amazing coin. If the luster really pops, I'll bet that coin is amazing in hand!

This is one coin that I would buy despite the fingerprint, although I still think the grade should be limited to 66 because of it. Its a light fingerprint that incorporates well into the toning pattern on the obverse, so that is isn't as prominent as some other fingerprints.

The reverse has some of the thickest toning I save ever seen :popcorn:

The surface of the coin can easily be seen through the reverse toning. Toning is frequently much thicker than that.

The reverse has some of the thickest toning I save ever seen :popcorn:

The surface of the coin can easily be seen through the reverse toning. Toning is frequently much thicker than that.

The thickest toning will appear brown to black. Silver sulfide is naturally a dark brown substance, it is only when there is a very thin film (up to about a thousand nanometers thick) that you will see color.