• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Let's put together a < $1,000 a coin Box of Twenty.

43 posts in this topic

One of the things I particularly like about coin collecting is that you don't have to be a Rockefeller to buy really nice coins. Given that, let's put together a box of 20 where each coin MUST cost less than $1,000. Only one coin per person, and it's OK if we have more than 20 responders.

PCGS MS64BN.

sc1833ClassicHC1a.jpg

sc1833ClassicHCrev.jpg

1941-D Jefferson Nickel NGC MS67 5FS: Population (172/1) $920 in Heritage auction 2008.

The perfect type coin, great strike, great surfaces, and unsurpassed eye appeal.

JN1941-DNGCMS67Star5FS.jpg

This is not my most expensive Jefferson Nickel by a long shot but I consider it the finest in my entire collection. To be honest, no other nickel in my collection even comes close to it!

:cloud9:

POP 1/0 in BN and only 5 Cameo total for the year. Less than half the 1K.

:)

1897pcobv1B.jpg

1897pcobvm1A.jpg

Mark Goodman images. (thumbs u

1941-D Jefferson Nickel NGC MS67 5FS: Population (172/1) $920 in Heritage auction 2008.

The perfect type coin, great strike, great surfaces, and unsurpassed eye appeal.

JN1941-DNGCMS67Star5FS.jpg

This is not my most expensive Jefferson Nickel by a long shot but I consider it the finest in my entire collection. To be honest, no other nickel in my collection even comes close to it!

:cloud9:

Very sweeeet looking Jeff Paul!!

BTW, if you managed to cherrypick a coin for less than $1,000 and because of slabbing (or, if raw, recognition of the variety), it is now worth more than $1,000 that is fine to post to.

After all, one of the particularly nice things about coin collecting is that if you know what you are doing, you can sometimes get lucky and purchase an item for well below it's worth.

BTW, if you managed to cherrypick a coin for less than $1,000 and because of slabbing (or, if raw, recognition of the variety), it is now worth more than $1,000 that is fine to post to.

After all, one of the particularly nice things about coin collecting is that if you know what you are doing, you can sometimes get lucky and purchase an item for well below it's worth.

:devil:

24050260.jpg

24050260r.jpg