• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I just love this coin!

20 posts in this topic

Absolutley love that yellow ring on the obverse! Well I love the whole coin but that yellow ring is rarely seen on coins! Shane did a great job with this one! ought it raw hoping some way some how Id get a 66 for my daughter set and it went 67 :)

Rooseveltobv.jpg

Rooseveltrev.jpg

Beautiful...

I wish anyone of you guys lived close to me, so you could help me with grading my coins. I have collected so much stuff over the past 5 years, but have no clue as what to maybe have graded or what not to.

I just got hooked, and my wife thinks I'm crazy. She's waiting for me to sell some of my coins, but I can't seem to come to terms with letting them go. I hope in time, to develop some true friends on here. Also, I would like to know what is best, Photo's or Scanned Images when posting a photo?

Thanks Jim

I would like to know what is best, Photo's or Scanned Images when posting a photo? Jim

I prefer real photos, as scans do not seem to pick up on luster.

I would like to know what is best, Photo's or Scanned Images when posting a photo? Jim

I prefer real photos, as scans do not seem to pick up on luster.

Scans show great detail but dilute the color and luster. Mastering picture taking of coins is a skill I have yet to ascertain. I plan on working on it in 2012, but for the most part, find a camera that you can take macro pictures with and just practice.

Good luck, what part of the country are you in?

Thanks for all of the comments! I look all over for that yellow but cant find it. I took a chance on this coin with bad pictures and was surprised when it arrived!