• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

eBay Buyer to Block - eBay ID: leshal

40 posts in this topic

I can't recall ever making one of these posts before, but this buyer is a complete nut case thief that deserves to be blocked by every seller.

eBay ID: leshal

He wins a PCGS graded coin. When he gets it he files a SNAD dispute. He then immediately escalates it to a claim. Thru the PayPal system I inform him to return the coin for a full refund and provided my return address. His response to this is to leave negative feedback with an outright lie in the comment. eBay eventually removed his comment, but not the negative. He now files a chargeback with his credit card company.

He's looking to keep the coin and his money.

I wonder if the guys account got hijacked

or maybe they thought gutten meant it was made out of gold

they had high bid and then raised it even higher, so whatever it is or they thought it was, they must have thought they wanted it

not sure why they just don't return it - a $80 screwing is bad, but not as bad as a $800 one.

I can't recall ever making one of these posts before, but this buyer is a complete nut case thief that deserves to be blocked by every seller.

He wins a PCGS graded coin. When he gets it he files a SNAD dispute. He then immediately escalates it to a claim. Thru the PayPal system I inform him to return the coin for a full refund and provided my return address. His response to this is to leave negative feedback with an outright lie in the comment. eBay eventually removed his comment, but not the negative. He now files a chargeback with his credit card company.

Aren't you fully covered by PayPal seller protection? If so, then isn't this Paypal's problem? I'm sorry to hear this though. Thanks for the heads up.

Aren't you fully covered by PayPal seller protection? If so, then isn't this Paypal's problem? I'm sorry to hear this though. Thanks for the heads up.

No. PayPal seller protection does not cover you for chargebacks. Since PayPal has no control over the outcome of chargebacks, they do not cover them. How the credit card company will rule is a mystery. I'm sure he will get the money back and keep the coin. The best I can do is post this guys info everywhere and warn other sellers that he is a thief.

No. PayPal seller protection does not cover you for chargebacks. Since PayPal has no control over the outcome of chargebacks, they do not cover them. How the credit card company will rule is a mystery. I'm sure he will get the money back and keep the coin. The best I can do is post this guys info everywhere and warn other sellers that he is a thief.

Greg, have you had or tried to have any direct communications with him?

Either way, would you be OK with my directing him to this thread and letting him know how much damage he might be doing to himself?

If the facts are as described, the buyer seems a bit shifty, to say the least.

But checking your feedback shows me that you like to call those buyers who have left you other than positive feedback terms like "jerk" and "liar".

While that may indeed be the case and I can understand your frustration, it is, to say the least, unprofessional.

Just my 2¢

I have added him to my block list.

It infuriates me you can't neg bad buyers like this and yet their neg can stay on your feedback even after you successfully defended yourself in a dispute?

You do know why this change was made, do you? In the bad old days, a buyer couldn't leave a neg for a bad seller that deserved it without risking getting a retaliatory neg. The feedback system was essentially worthless at that time.

It is still effectively worthless because it's a "one way street" and bad buyers can't be outed. Sellers can still be blackmailed with threats of bad feedback if they don't give partial refunds etc.

EBAY has become a haven for scammers on both sides of the " Transaction " isle. For this , and a few other reasons, I no longer List using this venue. I prefer to do business face to face, at my local coin club or the local Coin shows.

Either way, would you be OK with my directing him to this thread and letting him know how much damage he might be doing to himself?

Sure, if you feel his presence will add to the forums.

But checking your feedback shows me that you like to call those buyers who have left you other than positive feedback terms like "jerk" and "liar".

While that may indeed be the case and I can understand your frustration, it is, to say the least, unprofessional.

Just my 2¢

I understand that some people will feel this way. However, with the current feedback system it is hard to get your point across. I hope that sellers that see my responses will understand that these buyers are "problem buyers" and it was not just a simple disagreement between me and the buyer. I don't respond to all negs and neutrals - only the ones I feel screwed on.

A few of my negs:

yunasli: BAD SELLER never responses the case Tracking Information INVALID never received!

Me: Jerk fails to pick up package & files chargeback. Tracking is RE370378883US

The thief actually got his money back from me, but after I complained that tracking showed it was delivered, eBay compensated me.

204_rubinstein: item returned, no refund given, all emails unanswererd, complaint made to PayPal

Me: Liar. Refund issued via PayPal. Continues to send impatient & harassing emails.

Rather than just return the item and get his refund, he files a complaint. He was refunded by me thru PayPal several days before he left this neg. He left the neg to be a jerk and he was a liar. And still emailed me after this...

maro.335: Oggetto non ricevuto. Zero comunicazione. Rimborsato da Paypal. I'm sorry but...

Me: Item (cough) "lost by Italian Post Office". You get full refund, then neg. Jerk

Gave him a full refund and he negs. That's a jerk in my book.

greenfund: 25 days not receive.And no reply.

wbwhr2007: I have not received the goods!!

Me: Thief or Jerk. 6 or 1/2 Dozen...

These were going to China. I guess if you don't get the item in 3 weeks it is OK to neg (and then keep the item when it arrives).

shrek29.fan: I do not receive the item,please refund me,thank you

Me: Item lost in mail. I refunded and he still leaves a neg. Neg your postman! Jerk!

This guy was a repeat buyer from me. He bought a fair amount. I gave him a refund and his thanks is to neg me. That is a 100% jerk.

1127361: no good seller, no good attitude. the items never arrive

Me: WARNING: HE’S A THIEF. Check His Feedback Left. Most Shipments To Him "Lost".

Check his feedback. He's the biggest scum on eBay. Even when post office confirmed delivery, he stole the money from one seller. He needs a bullet in his head.

BTW, I bet you'd be surprised to find out how many of these beuyers who leave negs contact me to find out why they are blocked from bidding. About two weeks ago a guy who stole (I have proof) a $350 package from me wanted to know why he was blocked. doh!

Sure, if you feel his presence will add to the forums.

"Hi,

Just a head's up to let you know that your conduct in an Ebay transaction is the subject of a discussion on a coin forum. And you are getting a very bad name among a large group of coin collectors and dealers.

Below is a link to the discussion. If you have something you want me to post on your behalf, feel free to forward it and I will do so. But at this point it looks as if you are facing serious trouble and you would be much better off working things out with the other party.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=5157342&nt=2&fpart=1"

Just my 2¢

I understand that some people will feel this way. However, with the current feedback system it is hard to get your point across. I hope that sellers that see my responses will understand that these buyers are "problem buyers" and it was not just a simple disagreement between me and the buyer. I don't respond to all negs and neutrals - only the ones I feel screwed on.

A few of my negs:

yunasli: BAD SELLER never responses the case Tracking Information INVALID never received!

Me: Jerk fails to pick up package & files chargeback. Tracking is RE370378883US

The thief actually got his money back from me, but after I complained that tracking showed it was delivered, eBay compensated me.

204_rubinstein: item returned, no refund given, all emails unanswererd, complaint made to PayPal

Me: Liar. Refund issued via PayPal. Continues to send impatient & harassing emails.

Rather than just return the item and get his refund, he files a complaint. He was refunded by me thru PayPal several days before he left this neg. He left the neg to be a jerk and he was a liar. And still emailed me after this...

maro.335: Oggetto non ricevuto. Zero comunicazione. Rimborsato da Paypal. I'm sorry but...

Me: Item (cough) "lost by Italian Post Office". You get full refund, then neg. Jerk

Gave him a full refund and he negs. That's a jerk in my book.

greenfund: 25 days not receive.And no reply.

wbwhr2007: I have not received the goods!!

Me: Thief or Jerk. 6 or 1/2 Dozen...

These were going to China. I guess if you don't get the item in 3 weeks it is OK to neg (and then keep the item when it arrives).

shrek29.fan: I do not receive the item,please refund me,thank you

Me: Item lost in mail. I refunded and he still leaves a neg. Neg your postman! Jerk!

This guy was a repeat buyer from me. He bought a fair amount. I gave him a refund and his thanks is to neg me. That is a 100% jerk.

1127361: no good seller, no good attitude. the items never arrive

Me: WARNING: HE’S A THIEF. Check His Feedback Left. Most Shipments To Him "Lost".

Check his feedback. He's the biggest scum on eBay. Even when post office confirmed delivery, he stole the money from one seller. He needs a bullet in his head.

BTW, I bet you'd be surprised to find out how many of these beuyers who leave negs contact me to find out why they are blocked from bidding. About two weeks ago a guy who stole (I have proof) a $350 package from me wanted to know why he was blocked. doh!

Greg,

You seem very hostile, To say "He needs a bullet in his head" is in my opinion way out of line. I wish you luck with your eBay ventures but I personally would not do business with you.

Nick

You seem very hostile, To say "He needs a bullet in his head" is in my opinion way out of line. I wish you luck with your eBay ventures but I personally would not do business with you.

Nick

Sorry, but I have no pity for thieves and that person is clearly a thief. Society would be better off without them.

Greg - I dont blame you at all in your FB on them. Seems like you have had some real scumbags. Applaud you in fighting back.

Based on experience, it costs about 15% in terms of variable costs (factoring in the cost of the free shipping) to operate on Ebay. It takes about a 40% markup over cost to float my boat there and make it worth my while. Consequently I don't list the lower markup material there and sell it at shows or in private transactions. Throwing in their policy on restricting sellers from neg FB and then many of the trash buyers there it is tough to operate on that site. I consider it risky to sell big ticket coins there (although yours was a coin under $100 I believe). One has to consider / use other selling venues as costs permit.