• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

eBay Buyer to Block - eBay ID: leshal

40 posts in this topic

To say a buyer "needs a bullet in his head" is WAY over the top.

Of course, you are within your rights to leave any type of followup to negative/neutral FBs but...

When I go to bid on item on eBay, I check the seller's FB and his FB left for others.

When I see a seller leave feedback rebuttal comments like yours, it raises a red flag to me.

I understand the frustration you must be experiencing with those sales but I think you're shooting yourself in the foot when you toss around insults. Just state the facts and move on, IMHO.

Just my 2¢

You seem very hostile, To say "He needs a bullet in his head" is in my opinion way out of line. I wish you luck with your eBay ventures but I personally would not do business with you.

Nick

Sorry, but I have no pity for thieves and that person is clearly a thief. Society would be better off without them.

Agreed 200%

How do you "block" people on Ebay. There are a few that I dont want to do any kind of business with. Is there a way on Ebay that you can block users so their stuff wont show up on searches.

It is still effectively worthless because it's a "one way street" and bad buyers can't be outed. Sellers can still be blackmailed with threats of bad feedback if they don't give partial refunds etc.

It always should have been a "one way street", as Amazon has had since the beginning.

Bad buyers can't really be outed, because sellers cannot check out "bad buyers" in the first place. All it takes is a single bid, placed seconds before the end of the auction, or an outright BIN, and that's that.

As well...sellers who receive negs from a legitimate bad buyer can be sorted from those who receive negs from multiple buyers...which points to a bad seller.

And, of course, there was the endless fear of retalitaory feedback. Buyers didn't want anyone online...total strangers, no less...thinking they were "bad people", so they simply never left any for acres of sellers who deserved them.

The reality is, buyers don't need, and have never needed, "feedback." The buyer's job is to pay. That's it. The seller's job is much more complex.

Yes, the system is flawed. Sellers can be...and have been...blackmailed. But sellers DO have recourse against unjust feedback, and it's miles better than what it was.

How do you "block" people on Ebay. There are a few that I dont want to do any kind of business with. Is there a way on Ebay that you can block users so their stuff wont show up on searches.

Yes.

Go to "advanced search", scroll down to "sellers", click "only show items from", mark the "Specific sellers" radio button, then use the pull down menu to choose "exclude"....then type in the seller you wish to exclude.

Their items will no longer show up in your searches.

If I may ask a few questions, as it's been removed from ebay now, what was the original feedback comment? Also, what was his claim for SNAD and the chargeback? Luckily I haven't ran into any serious problem buyers yet on ebay, but I'm relatively new to selling there, I'm sure they'll come with time.

Make sure at least with large-ticket items you send them registered and place it in the package at the PO counter(for the camera), send with restricted delivery, and if they send a return package, open it immediately upon receipt while at the PO counter. Then even if the buyer raises an issue, you can send the postal inspectors after him. They're federal agents and don't take mail fraud lightly...

you just need a little more tact when dealing with scumbag buyers on ebay. always be nice in your emails no matter the situation. ebay reads those emails when you want to dispute, and that is dispute anything and if you are kind and courteous they will always rule in your favor.you must be on the phone with them.they will first off go through all communication.that is the first thing and the thing they look at most. i have had several unwarranted negs removed this way. i am a top rated seller under dannyleefricker and an avid coin buff and i have learned coins are a cut-throat business. i have kept that part out of my dealings and it shows on my feedback. so,just a lil' more tact will do you some good. good luck to you and thanks i am blocking good ol' leshal as we speak!!!