• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

You know have done good when...

22 posts in this topic

...you get a package and every coin it is better than you were hoping.

About a month or so ago I decided that I was going to sell a load of common date circulated Morgan and Peace dollars I had and buy some nice coins with the proceedes. Shortly after I decided to do that I saw Rexcat's post in the Money Marketplace saying that he was regretfuly selling his type set. After a series of PMs I decided on a few coins and sent him a check. I got the box in the mail today...

Rexcat gets photo credits for these shots.

I have been wanting a Randall Hoard large cent for as long as I can remember. Its taken quite some time for me to have the funds and a nice availible eye appealing piece to come along at the same time lol

Its an N-10 variety and NGC MS64BN The luster on this coin is absolutely spectacular!

1818-cent-obverse.jpg1818centrev.jpg

This PCGS PR66 1942 Type 1 Jefferson has some nice subtle toning.

1942nickeltype1obv.jpg1942nickeltype1rev.jpg

I just had to add its counterpart as well, a PCGS PR65 Type 2 Jefferson. It has a nice cameo reverse.

1942nickeltype2obv.jpg1942nickeltype2rev.jpg

To continue on with the 1942 proof theme I grabbed the Mercury dime as well.

Its a super nice PCGS PR65, I was very suprised when I opened the box and it was in a rattler holder.

1942dimeobv.jpg1942dimerev.jpg

So I kept on going with the '42 proof theme by getting his absolutely stunning Walker proof, It is just ohhhhhh so close to being a cameo! NGC PF65.

1942halfobv.jpg1942halfrev.jpg

I also decided to pick up this 1964 PCGS PR67DCAM Quarter to upgrade that slot in my type set. It is in an OGH.

1964quarterobv.jpg1964quarterrev.jpg

Thank you very much Paul for the opportunity to buy some great coins!

They're all great looking coins! :applause:

One little thing... "You know you have done WELL when"... (Unless of course you were deliberately playing around with the language... something like ain't). I guess we all have our pet peeves, and the proper use of good and well is one of mine... sorry.

Anyhow, as mentioned, great coins!

One little thing... "You know you have done WELL when"... (Unless of course you were deliberately playing around with the language... something like ain't). I guess we all have our pet peeves, and the proper use of good and well is one of mine... sorry.

"Street talk", as I call it, has taken over so much in everyday usage that I've even heard attorneys using it in the courtroom. Don't teachers reduce grades for improper language on written assignments any more?

Chris

lol they did mark off for grammer mistakes when I went to school over a decade ago. I happen to live in a grammer challenged area and I hear this type of speak every day. I try to talk and post like an educated individual, but sometimes tha Arkansan in me sneaks through. (And I know my spelling sucks lol)

Thanks guys for the comments, I knew as soon as I saw the large cent I just had to have it!

lol they did mark off for grammer mistakes when I went to school over a decade ago. I happen to live in a grammer challenged area and I hear this type of speak every day. I try to talk and post like an educated individual, but sometimes tha Arkansan in me sneaks through. (And I know my spelling sucks lol)

Thanks guys for the comments, I knew as soon as I saw the large cent I just had to have it!

That'd be grammar, not grammer. :grin:

Love the large cent!

Lance.