• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New update on Chris (cpm9ball ) (immediate surgery needed)

103 posts in this topic

Great job, Shane, Thanks for updating us. Hang in there, Chris, and keep positive thoughts througout as I will keep you in my prayers along with Rey. Take care.

Jim

Ok I just got an update from Chris and it's more serious then we thought and it will require immediate surgery to try to get him back to health. The doctor found a better than 90% blockage in his carotid artery which is the artery that suplies blood to the brain. Without surgery he will most certainly have a stroke and the bad news is that he could have a stoke during surgery becuase it's a very serious condition that has gone undiagnosed for quite sometime.

The doctor is going to try to get him scheduled for surgery tomorrow so please keep him in your prayers...those who know Chris know what a standup guy he is so this is really bad news, but hopefully all goes well.

I wish you the best of luck Chris. You are going to feel like a new man after the surgery. (thumbs u

Thank you, Shane, for the update. I will consider it good news that they have caught it before a stroke occurred and pray that they are successful tomorrow. I have had similar surgery before and hope his physician is as good as can be.

Hang in there Chris, we are pulling for you.

Jim

Ok I just got an update from Chris and it's more serious then we thought and it will require immediate surgery to try to get him back to health. The doctor found a better than 90% blockage in his carotid artery which is the artery that suplies blood to the brain. Without surgery he will most certainly have a stroke and the bad news is that he could have a stoke during surgery becuase it's a very serious condition that has gone undiagnosed for quite sometime.

That is just some really tough, bad luck :( . I was wondering about how Chris is doing... so I pop over here to the boards and find out this bit of challenging news! Not at all what I was hoping for :( :( .

My Mom has a similar condition, but hers has been known of for some time and has been monitored. So far, she has avoided surgery, but I am definitely familiar with what our great friend is going through. I trust he's in good hands, because the surgery to remove the blockage is actually pretty commonly successful these days, and I believe all will be well. So Chris, I just don't have a Morgan picture for you, but will offer this instead:

Looking forward to a (thumbs u recovery, good buddy!!!!!!!!!!

James

Seems like it's always the good guys. So sorry to hear this news. Chris, I wish you a speedy recovery! You're already missed. Get well soon!

The one positive thing to come out of all of this, looks like the problem has been identified and a solution is forth coming.

I'll be thinking about ya Chris...be strong.

Best wishes and speedy recovery Chris! We miss ya around here.

Oh now he has a real reason to get better...the rest of us are chump change compared to Dena lol

:whistle:

Just got an update:

Talked to Chris a few minutes ago, they were able to get him scheduled for surgery this morning so he is currently in recovery and all went well :acclaim: He is a bit sore, has a headache and such but that's a small price to pay to get this critical surgery out of the way. He will most likely be in the hospital through the weekend for observation etc. If anyone would like the number to his room so they can wish him well just let me know and I will PM it too you. :headbang:

Chris: Here's hope for a speedy recovery!!

It's good that the problem was caught before the situation would have been worse. It means that good Morgan dollars are not safe, but that's a good price to pay for your recovery!!

Shane: Thanks for the updates.

And I thought I was having a bad week! doh!

Scott

I was a little afraid to comment ... having not been able to log on very much and keep up with things, then , I log on and find shocking news . Thanks for keeping up Shane and keeping us up to date . I am very relieved to hear , in the end, it appears with a successful surgery, Chris can take measures to recover , and maybe even come out of this even better than before .

I try to keep my 'online' friends in the realm of the PC , the computer world , however , occasionally a few stand out .

See , I met a Chris in person a few times , and can say , well, he kids around a lot on here, but he is really a stand-up guy. In person , Chris can befriend a grizzly bear and they'd end up pals for life . I have not met many people who can just walk up and leave you with a grin on your mug , and Chris is one of those guys with a talent for being a down-to-earth and honest to your face guy .

Shane can attest , Chris will even let you hit a ball on the felt once in a while , lol , but forget about running the table from him .....Chris if you get a chance to read up , you'd be proud that I've put your game pointers into play and have improved quite a bit in spite of breaking my wrist ( not from your advice :) ) a while back , and actually using your technique has probably even helped me to regain some flexibility in the range of motion . So, see even the smallest things you do has had an impact . Get the recovery going and we hope to see you back up 100%

Sorry to hear about this Chris, but I'll be praying for a quick recovery, and thankfully the sugery went well!