• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New update on Chris (cpm9ball ) (immediate surgery needed)

103 posts in this topic

Well, i have been out of town a few days and come back to see Chris was in good hands here. All the well wishes and prayers worked wonders. Well, here is another wish for a speedy recovery Chris. We miss you here my friend. Thanks for keeping us informed Shane. :hi:

Great news, Shane. Congrats Chris, you are now a member of the Brothers of the Knife. So happy to hear all went well and will look forward to reading your posts upon your full return to the forum.

Jim

Very Happy to hear all went well and you are on the road to recovery, Chris. I have to admit, the postings are not quite the same without your comments and humor. I am sure I speak for everyone when I say we are looking forward to your return and your future posts. Take Care.

Some very rough news! As always, my very best to Chris, with hopes of a swift and problem-free recovery.

Hoot

Glad to find that all went well, modern medicine is pretty amazing. I had that artery (jugular) ultra sound done last year and was told it looked normal for my age bracket, what ever that meant.

Git back on here Chris.

Chris I am glad you made it through surgery with no complications. I will certainly pray for your speedy recovery.

Chris, very happy the operation went well. You are in my prayers. Please focus on a complete recovery.

$ilverHawk

Hi, everybody! I'm at home now. First, I want to thank all of you for your thoughts, prayers and well-wishes and a special thanks to Shane for being the good friend that he is. This is just one of the many reasons why the NGC forums will always be my first home in numismatics.

I've always had a very high tolerance for pain, and I've had chest pains in the past which I have usually ignored until they went away. This time was different! It became increasingly harder to take even very short breaths of air without the pain shooting through my entire upper torso and neck. After 24 hours of intensifying, I had no alternative except to call 911. All of the tests on my heart and lungs were negative, so the only other possibility was to see if there was some sort of blockage. Ultrasound and an MRI on Thursday confirmed that the blockage was in the carotid arteries......99% in the right and 40% in the left. I knew that I didn't have any choice but to have the surgery, but what made the decision scary for me was the fact that the cardioligist, an Indian named Penukonda (whom I referred to as "Pina Colada" to the staff) was so nonchalant about my chances of living or dying while undergoing the surgery. Let's face it, if you were a pilot looking to buy a plane, and the salesman said to you, "Well, it's supposed to fly.", would you really feel confident about taking it for a test flight?

I know that some of you have had to endure health issues a lot more serious than this, and some of you have had to undergo years and years of debilitating health problems. In spite of that, no one ever complains, and everyone always goes out of their way to help others. You all are truly a very special group.

Now, before we get back to discussing coins, I have just one question for comicdonna . If it will make a new man out of me, does that mean my $ex life will improve?

Chris

hm Well, it should improve 99% on the right, and 40% on the left! :kidaround: Seriously, I am glad to hear the surgery was a success. I will look forward to learning some of your knowledge about coins, and sharing our purchases. :)

Mike

Glad to see you back, Chris! Some serious stuff you went through but I still had to laugh at your comments about your doctor. Hope your feeling better every day.

David

f it will make a new man out of me, does that mean my $ex life will improve?

Chris

Don't worry Chris we won't tell anyone!!

oldman.jpg

Hi, everybody! I'm at home now. First, I want to thank all of you for your thoughts, prayers and well-wishes and a special thanks to Shane for being the good friend that he is. This is just one of the many reasons why the NGC forums will always be my first home in numismatics.

I've always had a very high tolerance for pain, and I've had chest pains in the past which I have usually ignored until they went away. This time was different! It became increasingly harder to take even very short breaths of air without the pain shooting through my entire upper torso and neck. After 24 hours of intensifying, I had no alternative except to call 911. All of the tests on my heart and lungs were negative, so the only other possibility was to see if there was some sort of blockage. Ultrasound and an MRI on Thursday confirmed that the blockage was in the carotid arteries......99% in the right and 40% in the left. I knew that I didn't have any choice but to have the surgery, but what made the decision scary for me was the fact that the cardioligist, an Indian named Penukonda (whom I referred to as "Pina Colada" to the staff) was so nonchalant about my chances of living or dying while undergoing the surgery. Let's face it, if you were a pilot looking to buy a plane, and the salesman said to you, "Well, it's supposed to fly.", would you really feel confident about taking it for a test flight?

I know that some of you have had to endure health issues a lot more serious than this, and some of you have had to undergo years and years of debilitating health problems. In spite of that, no one ever complains, and everyone always goes out of their way to help others. You all are truly a very special group.

Now, before we get back to discussing coins, I have just one question for comicdonna . If it will make a new man out of me, does that mean my $ex life will improve?

Chris

There's my buddy....we missed you big time....now we know you will be up and bugging us all in no time :whee:

Hi, everybody! I'm at home now.

Chris

Glad to hear you are back safe and sound.................let me know if anything improves for ya :grin::roflmao:

oh ya.....................a morgan for ya

guess the VAM........lol

0158-20100508_204655.jpg

pool.jpg

Get well soon ya lug!

The Hustler , a story written by Walter Tevis was loosely based on the life of Eddie Parker who was a wonderful old gentleman I got to know in the "pool scene". I had spoken to Eddie just hours before he died of a heart attack at a tournament at South Padre Island, Texas in February, 2000.

In the movie version, Paul Newman played "Fast Eddie" (Felson) and Jackie Gleason played Minnesota Fats. What most people don't know is the fact that "Fats" was a purely fictitious character. After the book was released in the early 60's, Rudolph Wanderone who had previously been known as Brooklyn Fats, adopted the name of Minnesota Fats. In real life, the "new" Minnesota Fats was never a great pool player. As a matter of fact, Jackie Gleason was known to be a better player as an amateur than Fats was as a professional.

Chris

Great to see you are back and UP it would seem. Congrats on the surgery and don't worry, old Pina Colada just didn't have any bedside, but his work was ok. Take care and look forward to see you post(at least 20 times in the next week).

Jim

Thanks, guys! All of you are my family!

I just sent a special note of thanks to Shane who kept in touch with me daily. Unfortunately, I also had to tell him that with the medication I will have to take, he will never ever be able to beat me at pool. :roflmao:

Chris

Glad to see that you're up and around and that your sense of humor is still there!

How long before you can go to your next coin show??

Scott

Glad to see that you're up and around and that your sense of humor is still there!

How long before you can go to your next coin show??

Scott

Thanks, Scott!

Shane and I have tentative plans to get together on July 8 at Summer FUN in Orlando, and of course, I will be looking forward to FUN 2011 in Tampa next January. The local Ft. Myers Show won't start up again until November or December since many of the dealers are snowbirds.

Chris