• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

peace dollar post!!!!!!

121 posts in this topic

i am a man that loves the look and history of the peace dollar. i have 9 more to find to complete a mint state set in ngc holders. i feel we have lots of threads for morgans (most threads end up having 1 or more in it) so i have decided to start 1 for our peace dollars. post them if u got em.

1928ppeaceobv.jpg

1928ppeacerev.jpg

Got some but i have posted pictures hear before... Ha that must mean a need to buy somemore !!!!! 893applaud-thumb.gif

see you all later when i have won some 27_laughing.gif

i am a man that loves the look and history of the peace dollar. i have 9 more to find to complete a mint state set in ngc holders. i feel we have lots of threads for morgans (most threads end up having 1 or more in it) so i have decided to start 1 for our peace dollars. post them if u got em.

1928ppeaceobv.jpg

1928ppeacerev.jpg

i love the peace dollars and i think the model that was used for the obverse is a real FOX!

halfpint

takeit.gif

Wow!! I like that one Irvin. I love that rose/scarlet coloring. How the heck did you almost forget that one. crazy.gif

I lied I have one smile.gif

1785327-peacedollar.jpg

1785327-peacedollar.jpg.21aca6cf85c37aabaf097754f0ec3af7.jpg

Stanley I really like that economy version. It has some nice originality thumbsup2.gif

Here is my dansco 7070 Peace dollar - nothing special

1923Peace.JPG

Thanks guys. I actually do have one more that I forgot. This one I just use to flip through my fingers when I’m thinking or whatever…(old photo work)

PeaceO.JPG

PeaceR.JPG

Yeah it's pretty beat-down but it feels nice in hand - smooth and heavy. Some people buy those squishy balls or the Chinese balls that you can roll around in your hand. I bought this and it works great for me.

Lordy lordy Winston, that has to be the most worn Peace I've ever seen!

i second that!!!

In the past, when I was a silly collector, that thought all dealers were honest and told the truth I purchased this coin. OK, this was one of the coins I bought in the first few months of my of what I would consider my serious collecting. I paid a wopping $135 for this soon to be BB'ed coin from NGC. This coin was a turning point in my collecting. It slapped me up side the head and said...you just paid what for this P.O.S....after this was when I decided to spend more money on education that the coins. This coin is now my pocket piece and looks looks smooth as can be. This picture was taken years ago after about of month of pocket wear. I carry it mpw as a reminder of two things. One, I need to learn more about the coins I collect. Two, I love Peace Dollars.

1935PocketPiece-1.jpg

1935PocketPieceRev-1.jpg

If I get a chance I will take more recent photos and show you how it looks after several years of use.