• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your most recent acquisition: US
8 8

20,909 posts in this topic

wheat'swheats, great-looking problem-free example of the 55 DDO, lots of luster and no spots! Congratulations on your new acquisition!

Best Regards, :)

George

I picked up this 1857 Flying Eagle Cent today. It's not the greatest grade but it is the oldest coin in my collection to date.

8A2E81D3-244E-462B-96C5-01DA88F4F77F_zps6rhmwtwd.jpg8B1795DB-4ACB-419D-8278-F38E462957C0_zpsfurwecxx.jpg

1877-S Trade Dollar (PCGS XF40). I bought this raw coin off eBay last month and got the grade back last week. I've been looking for an attractive, colorful, and cheap Trade Dollar for about 3 years (for my colorfully toned U.S. Type Set) and finally found one that I like. Some very light hairlines on the upper left obverse, but not harsh enough to prevent a problem free grade.

TVBlack_1877s_Trade_XF40.jpg

Mine is not a huge buy, but I got a 1952 D Franklin Half for $5!

CONGRATULATIONS!! That is well below melt value.

1877-S Trade Dollar (PCGS XF40). I bought this raw coin off eBay last month and got the grade back last week. I've been looking for an attractive, colorful, and cheap Trade Dollar for about 3 years (for my colorfully toned U.S. Type Set) and finally found one that I like. Some very light hairlines on the upper left obverse, but not harsh enough to prevent a problem free grade.

TVBlack_1877s_Trade_XF40.jpg

I like this coin

Went to a local shop today and picked this 72 DDO up for a great price. This was definitely an impulse buy lol but I couldn't say no to the deal. The purple toning is much nicer than my less-than-desirable photos.

1972DDO_zpsc8f49840.jpg

My newest addition that I got today.

289C078E-E902-431A-9882-FEA639EB648F_zpsuwjdelam.jpgE8E72ACA-8AB2-42FD-A8F6-45E2A73D6C8D_zpstj0lpfop.jpg

F2BE30F8-BC5A-42DF-8EC8-5E567C1C56AA_zpsiujo7vis.jpg56918EC7-DF4E-405D-8725-DE0268490FF0_zpsh85qhm6x.jpg

I also picked these up yesterday.

19C6FFCE-64C4-49EB-B448-A8656E34A8F9_zpsxtwocqzq.jpg

The buffalo's I got to stack of 20 each, 1936 & 1936S. These buffs I got for free.

594D9081-6DA7-4280-8201-361D7E66D29E_zpshkteclur.jpgEB819FEF-7330-40E2-A510-675D25B26A62_zpscbqh7xed.jpg

Nice haul Wygold, I was in Portland last week and bough a 2014 silver Britannia and a 2008 silver Philharmonic from one of the gold shops on 3rd Ave. near the Dekum Building.

Thanks jtryka. Nice score, I think I know we're your talking about. I haven't been downtown yet, mainly been sticking around Beaverton. I've been to a couple of shops around Portland and I had a very bad experiences with one of dealers. IDK if it's just me or the dealer, but this one made me feel very uncomfortable.

I went to one shop were they had 75% of their inventory was foreign currency(mostly Asian) and the guy didn't want to look at my coins (I usually take some with me for trade). He was first not packing heat and after I asked about the 1984 Prestige Proof set in one of the display cases, he went to the back and came out packing 2 handguns like I was gonna try to rob him or something. I don't think I'll go back to his shop again even though the prestige set he was offering was $25.00 and the coins had no visual issue from what I can see nor did the OGP had any visual issues. I really wanted it and I would have bought it but I didn't have cash on me and he didn't take plastic.

I guess I rather buy the 1984 prestige proof set from someone else for a little higher price and that won't make me feel like a criminal when I walk into their shop. I got the ASE & Morgan from Liberty Coin & Currency in Beaverton. The 64's I picked up in Hillsboro and the owners daughter gave me the buff's.

I used to live in Raleigh Hills, and Liberty Coin was usually pretty good. I remember when Columbia Coin was downtown on 5th, but they weren't there anymore, I did a google search later and found they moved outside of town somewhere. I remember my first interaction with them was similar to yours, they didn't seem interested in helping etc. but then I kept coming back and spending money and eventually they became my favorite shop in town. I would have liked to visit them, but I didn't have a car on this trip so maybe next time!

Picked up a new War Nickel for my slowly-getting-there set. :)

1943S_JeffNickel_NGC_MS66T_comp_label_zps1029e182.jpg

pardon my ignorance but what does the T on the slab stand for? i dont remember seeing that before. thanks in advance :)