• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your most recent acquisition: US
8 8

20,911 posts in this topic

Nice looking Barber quarter. (thumbs u

Sweet looking Peace dollar. :applause:

Good looking Morgans everyone. :applause:

Thanks guys. I returned the 34 D and bought the 1923. The 34 D wasn't exactly what I had hoped it would be. DLRC was great to work with on the return.

I have a DE I just got. Have both sides photographed and saved. Can anyone tell me how post it on this site, I tried and am having trouble. I have three others coming back and would like to post them also on a new thread when received. Mark (ex grader ) that post here asked me to post a few of my set so I would like to. The one I want to post is a in between grades (can go one of two ways) as I was going to trade in in for a higher grade but looked at the one a grade higher I was considering and the next higher grade and mine were so close I could not justify the extra money for the points.

Thanks to all for the comments and a special thanks to jcpienkus for the extra pointers. I did pick up the red book and the blue book off of amazon and they came in a couple of days ago. Anyways, picked up some more coins today from a coin shop in Grants Pass.

It may not be the best looking but I find that it's an extra start in my coin collection.

I decided to get the uncirculated mint set for my birth year-

39DD4A26-8EC8-470E-9878-A08B08736540_zpsbacfzlfb.jpg

1981CCF7-956B-4E7C-AB65-C91D658B52B1_zpspgfhwult.jpg

A730B540-1DE3-447A-A44C-AB2AD09182C5_zpsbbrh6xjr.jpg

Edited by wygold

I also picked up my wife's birth year uncirculated mint set and a proof set. I'm looking for the original box for the proof set and I think I found one online, just waiting for a return email from the company that's offering it.

Uncirculated Mint Set-1984

1135E993-758E-4ABF-8049-198EAACEE72C_zpsrzwqiyqn.jpg

EAC88C0F-5110-4706-805C-ED4CE8604166_zpshy9eb19f.jpg

A43B4480-90F7-488D-91E3-6925357F8752_zps9einzcah.jpg

Proof Set-1984

E12471B1-B68F-4841-A0BD-8D9A983E9E5B_zpsqhyof2nk.jpg

CB06F5C5-4F80-4141-ADF4-91508DF490AA_zpsnccpdi5i.jpg

Edited by wygold

And finally I also started my Half Dollar collection with a 1943 Walking Liberty Half. It's not what I'm really looking for but it's a start and maybe when I do find a much better grade then I'll replace it. Until then, when I get back home from my road trip the '43 is going into my somewhat new display case that I picked up @ auction a few weeks back.

1934-1964 Silver Half Dollar display case-

image_zpsb49b6960.jpg

1943 Walking Half-

BEE17974-1FBC-4A89-9C95-A5FC608A9694_zpsmomi0l3y.jpg

FF73EC17-FC35-4EC6-A6E4-E5AD23A6C019_zps0gkvjx5i.jpg

And oh speaking of auctions I haven't had any luck getting any new lots lately but I was smart enough to do some research on a few particular MS-66 IBN slabs. After reading up on the company name and looking thru my jewelers loop I knew that they were not MS-66 and that they were indeed circulated coins by a guy who claimed to do his own grading. It pays to do a little research on something that looks to good to be true.

Congratulations on your start. Your patience will pay off in the end. There are plenty of coins available in the market place. Hope to see you posting on the boards.

The Walker set should be doable with circulated coins for just a little over melt. There are no coins in that set that are really difficult to find, still, it's a very worthwhile set to put together.

Walkers are an inexpensive series that you can learn a lot putting together.

Have fun, that's the key!!

Edited by Raisethis2

Congratulations on your start and welcome to the forum. :hi:

Sweet coin there Mainer (thumbs u

Edited by rrantique

Added this one last night but took it down because there was an error with my payment to the dealer… Now that my payment went through and I own the coin, I'll post again!

41-SFBPL_zps6764bf99.jpg

A lot of great looking coins here. (thumbs u

Welcome to the boards and to coin collecting Wygold! :hi: As already mentioned, the most important thing to do with coin collecting is to have fun.

Joe, that's awesome, not only a no line old fatty but an NGC 2.0 white label! It may even be the 2.1 which actually came before the 2.0. Got a picture of the reverse? Is the embossing on the reverse on the outside or the inside?

Joe, that's awesome, not only a no line old fatty but an NGC 2.0 white label! It may even be the 2.1 which actually came before the 2.0. Got a picture of the reverse? Is the embossing on the reverse on the outside or the inside?

1c1907MS64RDreverse_zpsc3be7ab5.jpg

Embossing is on the outside. I went and looked at Conder's NGC slab variety thread. This is actually a 3.0. You can barely make out the brown outline on the label from the picture. It is not the 2.0 or 2.1.

Edited by jpcienkus