• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your most recent acquisition: US
8 8

20,909 posts in this topic

Jersey15.jpgJersey16.jpg

AJ, that is a beautiful '21! I have been looking for one for months, and I'm still looking. It's hard to find a nice '21...but this one is super nice! (thumbs u

Ditto!!

Thanks guys!

This coin finishes my Father's Birth Year Collection.

8f929baf.jpg

ab279792.jpg

EDIT:

Here is the link to the complete 1917 Collection... of course, the

Mint Errors are not included.

http://coins.www.collectors-society.com/registry/coins/SetListing.aspx?PeopleSetID=45632

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT: Newp for the `1891 Mint Set - My Grandmother's Birth Year

a763e005.jpg

053d326b.jpg

Edited by Elbesaar

I wasn't going to.... I swore I wouldn't buy any more coins for a while... I was selling some stuff to pay for some bills.... and then Ankur had to go and list a group of gorgeous Busties on his website. Darn you, Ankur. You know I have a weakness for gorgeous, toned, EF Bust halves. Darn you, Ankur.

Well, now I'm waiting to hold these in my hands, and hope they look as good as the pictures:

1822O111.jpg

1824O101a.jpg

Whenever I find something somewhat "obscure" with a horse on it and in an NGC slab I usually bid on it. I have a couple similar medals to this one. There are a lot of medals ou there which commemorate centennial, bicentennial, or in this case a tercentenary of a particular town.

If my memory serves me correct, NGC doesn't really grade these kind of pieces anymore (as many are not included in official medal listings or indexed by someone). Anyway, I thought this one was nice with horses on both sides, and a nice antiqued high relief design.

Nice thing about these "obscure" pieces is that you can usually get them for basically nothing too! :)

126737.jpg.e6d1b4d4dcc8fbbf9e1f43d6ab3fa155.jpg

Great coins and medals everyone!!

Mike, congrats on your fathers birthyear set. It is an awesome tribute.

Jom, nice pick ups!

Just wish I had time to get to the shows as I find the pre-auction bidding a total waste of time rantrant

Oh well, I heard I got the nod for a new posting in Russia so maybe I can pick up some real sleepers. Perhaps I should post a few Russian gold pieces I have laying about to celebrate :insane:

Jom,

You did yourself proud, my man !

All beauties... and yes I know you thought I

owned all the Barbers out there in the market place

at one time or the other, but, believe me, I never owned

that Half !! :D

I especially like the Dimes as well... and my meager CBD

set is missing a nice 1837 - what is the grade of your's ?

My set is 53-58 and I am only doing a date set - no varieties.

The seated Dime is :cloud9:

You did yourself proud, my man !

Yeah, I did myself proud by paying too much. lol

All beauties... and yes I know you thought I

owned all the Barbers out there in the market place

at one time or the other, but, believe me, I never owned

that Half !! :D

You own all high end AU Barbers. I figured as much years ago because you could never find any nice ones. YOU had them all...don't deny it!

I especially like the Dimes as well... and my meager CBD

set is missing a nice 1837 - what is the grade of your's ?

My set is 53-58 and I am only doing a date set - no varieties.

The seated Dime is :cloud9:

The 1837 Dime is graded AU55 by NGC and, IMO, not much better than AU53 really. It's nice but I was able to get the price down so it's not a big deal.

I'm doing the same with Dimes as you. I've got a 21, 27, 28, a newp 33 I don't have a photo of yet, this 37 and a 36. I don't do varieties either....which means we are competing....and because of the latter it also means I'm in trouble. lol

The Seated Dime...well...it isn't a Dime at all. Look again! It's a Half Dime. AU55...very pretty though.

jom

Wow... a LOT of beautiful coins.

Congratulations everyone on the Lovely pickups!!! :applause:

I particularly like AJ's 1921 Peace dollar and Jom's LB pickups. (thumbs u (thumbs u

With a provenance from LeeG and Physicsfan, I'm very happy with this new piece for my type set. Thanks Jason! It's a stunner.

-Brandon

126857.jpg.a1e53de5ae0b28a65411c6b1bc7aac9b.jpg

Jason you are correct. My posted pictures were fast and dirty attempts. The one's below are the one's I uploaded to my type set. Better? :D

1935_Mercury_PCGS_MS66FB_obv2.jpg

1935_Mercury_PCGS_MS66FB_rev2.jpg

Hey, I have a candidate for a coin I regret selling.....

We're young, we can trade it back and forth every 5 years or so. :headbang:

Brandon,

Gotta love the 1935 Dime - its a beauty !!

I picked up a pair of mid grade Dimes for my fledgling set...

The 1918-S is oh, so close to FSB...

0e1c48ff.jpg

31673e67.jpg

d926307c.jpg

2d410086.jpg

Mike

The 18-S really is a FB except for that hit. Oddly, my 19-S has a similar problem.

Frankly, it is a joke that those types of near FB are so undervalued. The fact is many like yours are better struck than many so-called FB examples....that's the irony of the whole thing. It's just stupid, IMO.

jom

Jom,

Here's the 19-D I picked up at Central States in April... same problem...

its a hair breath away from FSB's !!

de348c9d.jpg

7f4d2b6e.jpg

10c-19s-1.jpg

OK, this isn't a newp (I've owned it almost 20 years now) but I think it's a joke. Sure, you can say it isn't strictly FB but only in the coin market is a FB coin worth 5X-6X this particular coin. But that's the coin market. Bizzaro World.

jom

Edited by jom

Love the newps guys, but what happened to the etiquette of not posting images wider than around 1000-1200 pixels? Those images are ridiculous sizes!