• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your most recent acquisition: US
8 8

20,909 posts in this topic

PCGS PF65 CAC. Larry Shapiro collection.

I always thought that dealers shouldn't collect ... as they keep too much

for themselves and not enough stock for customers. I was pleased to see

the beautiful Barber coins that Larry had in his collection and now they are

all for sale on his web site.

Ankur, you certainly cherry picked a beauty !!

Thanks for the compliment! I actually bought this from another dealer. I was on the fence about it, but after speaking with a dealer friend of mine, and looking at his examples that didnt have much color and were priced fairly close, I decided to pull the trigger. No guts no glory!

This is a recent purchase for my cousin's 56th birthday -

he was born in 1956 - so I thought he'd appreciate the gesture:

d8ebcfb2.jpg

PCGS 65 FBL

My newest type set addition. Saved for a while for this one, and it will take much of my budget for the next few months. I'm happy with the strike and quality of the surfaces for old copper. :)

126157.jpg.910d1b89585541d4220a4c25bf859f42.jpg

Picked this up ATS.

Jim,

Would love to see a larger image of that beauty !!

This is the best I can do.

1924-d_obv_big.jpg

1924-d_rev_big.jpg

Jersey15.jpgJersey16.jpg

AJ, that is a beautiful '21! I have been looking for one for months, and I'm still looking. It's hard to find a nice '21...but this one is super nice! (thumbs u

Jersey15.jpgJersey16.jpg

AJ, that is a beautiful '21! I have been looking for one for months, and I'm still looking. It's hard to find a nice '21...but this one is super nice! (thumbs u

Ditto!!

My newest type set addition. Saved for a while for this one, and it will take much of my budget for the next few months. I'm happy with the strike and quality of the surfaces for old copper. :)

Very nice example!

Great color on this copper.

This one came in the mail today. It's fun to finally see one in person. I didn't want to pay the premium for a PF70 example, but this one's just as purdy! ;) I also just added it to my horse set -- it is coin #100! :grin:

126647.jpg.9398542d1163f3e0218502430a6b0665.jpg